Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manish (abc)     27 May 2011

under what act, this will belong to?????

Hi,

Under what act I can file a complaint of my-in laws and my wife as they have tried to harm me or kill me.....

it was yesterday night, I was trashed by some guys.... and I know it was my in laws... send it...

Learning

2 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     27 May 2011

Sir, it comes under criminal intimidation and attempt to murder of IPC. It is advised to go and file a Complaint at nearby police station. They will apply appropriate Sections of IPC along with these two offences.

1 Like

(Guest)

@Manish

Just visit to police Station and they applies Ipc section against them.If you have any recording or proof about this (verbal ,words)make two copies and give one copie  to police .

Under Section 503 of IPC,1860.

503.     Criminal intimidation: - Whoever threatens another with any injury to his person, reputation or property, or to the person or reputation of any one in whom that person is interested, with intent to cause alarm to that person, or to cause that person to do any act which he is not legally bound to do, or to omit to do any act which that person is legally entitled to do, as the means of avoiding the execution of such threat, commits criminal intimidation.

506.    Punishment for criminal intimidation: --Whoever commits, the offence of criminal intimidation shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both;

Punishment:If threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, etc.: --and if the threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, or to cause the destruction of any property by fire, or to cause an offence punishable with death or [imprisonment for life], or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years, or to impute, unchastity to a woman, shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to seven years, or with fine, or with both.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register