Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kayathri (Senior Analyser )     22 January 2011

PF Settlement and transfer

Dear sir,

I worked in an organisation from Sep 2004 to March 2006. There I had an PF account. In Apr 2006 I joined a another company where I asked them to transfer the previous PF account to the the new account which i opened in the new company. Well, i didnt know how long it will take to transfer, I waited for years. Then in deceied to quit the second company in Feb 2010. When i asked the PF consultant about the transfer, he told that the transfer submission was returned from the PF office. Well i didnt get any intimation on the return and neither know the reason. Now its one year i've resigned form the second company too... I've not recieved any money so far. What should i do now? how to proceed further? whom to contact. Pls help me. 

Learning

6 Replies

I forgot to tell one more thing.. the first company which i worked is closed for ever now. In this case.. what should i do?

KB Prakash (service)     22 January 2011

as noticed, you have left the service in the second company also.  Have you joined another company now? if not you can withdraw your both the provident fund accounts at once by applying in  Forms 19(for provident fund) and Form 10c (for pension withdrawal benefit) separately.  As you said, your first company is closed now, you can obtain the signature of the 10 designated officers(who can authorised on Forms 19 and 10c - since you said closed company) and submit the claims to the concerned Provident Fund Office.  And regarding your second company, you can submit your both the forms duly filled in all respects and obtain the signature of the authorised official (second company) and submit to the concerned PF office.  if you need any guidance in this regard, you can visit www.epfindia.gov.in

1 Like

Thanks for your reply and guidance. I'm not working anywhere now. From your reply i understand that, its easy to apply for the withdrawal of the second account. But for the withdrawal of the first account, will it be any issue as i've already applied for transfer? Also my second company says that they have already submitted the withdrawal form in june 2010. I was worried that it is not yet settled due to the transfer. But online status says that office has not received any papers. 

my questions are:

1) Can i apply for the first account withdrawal in the concerned PF office forgetting about the applied transfer and their rejection? If yes, will i get my money though the company is closed for more than a year +?

2) Can I apply for the withdrawal of the second account again?

thanks in advance for helping.. 

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     23 January 2011

There is a provision for withdrawal of PF for women employees, who does not want to continue in employment any more. For the first company, you can still get the money directly from the PF authorities, by complying with alternate process, provided the 1st company had remitted the funds.

vasudevan

KB Prakash (service)     23 January 2011

you can apply for withdrawal benefit from the first company.  The PF authorities will settle the claims (if transfer has not been made to your 2nd company).  if the transfer is already made, they will return the withdrawal forms to you mentioning the reasons for return.  suppose the transfer is made to your second company, you can apply for withdrawal from the second company.  if both the PF offices are in your proximity, you can visit personally and get clarification/doubts cleared.

p_ranahp@yahoo.co.in (jr sup)     19 February 2011

sir,

pls advise  how to calculate the pf interest rate

pradeep

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register