LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sriram.R (Employee)     29 December 2010

Is volgar Yahoo chat's a proof for divorce case

my friends wife had a volgar yahoo chat with one of his X friend. it was so volgar which was not digestable and he wants to file for a divorce. but he has saved those chat messages as word file. will that be considered as a proof for the divorce ground?

Learning

21 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     29 December 2010

I do not think so.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     29 December 2010

TRY.

POST WIFE'S REPLY IN SHORT.

1 Like

(Guest)

HOW WILL THE HUSBAND PROVE THAT THE WIFE DID THAT CHATTING?HER PASSWORD MAY BE HACKED ...

AS PER GOING THROUGH SOME OTHER THREADS , I CAN SAY THIS CAN'T BE ENOUGH GROUND FOR DIVORCE.

1 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     29 December 2010

find some other evidences too . this can be only of some corroborative evidence, but in microsoft word definitely not.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     29 December 2010

How ur friend came to know about the vulgar chat, that means he must be knowing the password of his wife yahoo account.  Did his wife has shown him the vulgar chat with her friend?

So,  why not it is he (ur friend ) who is preparing ground for divorce.

(Guest)

YES AGREE WITH  Mr. Ashutosh BhartiyaI am Online

IF HE LOVES HIS WIFE, THEN  MERE A CHAT HISTORY CAN'T BE A GROUND OF DIVORCE.

1 Like

Sriram.R (Employee)     30 December 2010

She did not realise that the chat history needs to be deleted. my friend knows her password. one day he was checking the mails of her which they both are used to (like he will check and inform her and vice versa) and came to know from the chat history. but he has saved as word format only.

in that chat history she had chatted with her X friend (who seems to be her X lover) about the marital relation they had before marriage and all. so he is not able to digest the thing. will this be accepted as proof? he has only as a word format. at least will it be considered or a character assasination?

Sriram.R (Employee)     30 December 2010

is there a way by filing a petition in court, the court can summon YAHOO to get the archive of chats and proove the same in court of law?

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     30 December 2010

In European Country divorced is taking place for  chatting with webcam. In your case though it is only a chat but if it is vulgar chat certainly it amounts to mental cruelty and if you can prove with evidence it can be a grounfd for divorce.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     31 December 2010

Mr. Sriram it will boomrang to u, if the ur friends wife says that it is ur friend who has chatted, not me then, becoz ur friend knows the password.. The other thing is that ur friend is violating the personal space of his wife and there are many more question which will demolish ur story, 

1 Like

Payel Deb (Software Engineer)     31 December 2010

My dear friend it is not enough evidence. The point is that if he can read her chats that means that he had her password and so it implies that the chat can be done by himself too....

1 Like

Pavan Kumar Sandur (others)     31 December 2010

What is the acceptable form in which e-mails can be submitted in evidence.

What are the necessary information that needs to be gathered (like IP address of sender's and reciever's server)

The e-mails are to be used as evidence to show effort on the part of petioner in RCR case.

The mails are sent through GMAIL and office outlook.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

shraddha.t (excutive)     31 December 2010

Agree with payal deb.

1 Like

Payel Deb (Software Engineer)     01 January 2011

@pavan: look...if the ip address is also checked,we cant prove that the system is used only by that woman. Even if u consider our own machines, can u confidently say that ur machine has never been used by others?It is very possible thing that her husband used the machine.Even if u check the ip address of both the sender and receivers machine that doesnt imply that they are the only person who used that machine. And more importantly its already known that her husband knows her password....so it implies a chance of misusing the system of her.Only in case of video chats it can be known who used the machine at that particular system by contacting the video chat providing operator.But in this particular text-chat case there is no ground of a complete impact.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register