LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

neverabuseme ( Activist for Hizra's Human Rights)     01 November 2010

I have my human rights

You must be wondering how come I am writing in this forum. I have seen lot of you use identity of Hizra's as a term of ridicule. Do you know we are now recognised as an independent gender/s*x by passport office and in some states now school forms also have an option for us along with M and F?  Do you know human rights apply to us as well? Do you know we are no less than a man or a woman, it is just that social stigma and rejection have marginalised our existence and pushed us into begging and forced prostitution. 

Can you chase me, a Hizra,  away from this forum? I throw this  challenge for those who (ab)use me to prove manliness or ridicule another man. Can't you sort out among yourselves  without (ab) using my gender  to sort out your issues, whatever they are/may be? 

I am used to worst sort of abuses, but I always resist and raise my voice against them. 

I do not have any further interest in this forum as it deals with some issues mainly of husbands and wives. I have bitter feelings against both of them, because both my mother and father had thrown me away at my birth and never looked back. They snatched my childhood from me. 

I will not disturb you guys, excepting when you drag my gender unnecessarily into your in- house fightings ( forum fightings). 

I am proud of what I am, whether you think I am a scar on this forum/society or not. I am what I am--yes, a Hizra.

Learning

15 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     01 November 2010

absolutely you are a human being and must enjoy all the human rights.

you are a welcome member...and there should be no reason to ridicule any human being...society is quite large and change in thinking is a slow process....so dont worry with a passage of time the change will come.

4 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     01 November 2010

Originally posted by :neverabuseme
"
You must be wondering how come I am writing in this forum. I have seen lot of you use identity of Hizra's as a term of ridicule. Do you know we are now recognised as an independent gender/s*x by passport office and in some states now school forms also have an option for us along with M and F?  Do you know human rights apply to us as well? Do you know we are no less than a man or a woman, it is just that social stigma and rejection have marginalised our existence and pushed us into begging and forced prostitution. 

Can you chase me, a Hizra,  away from this forum? I throw this  challenge for those who (ab)use me to prove manliness or ridicule another man. Can't you sort out among yourselves  without (ab) using my gender  to sort out your issues, whatever they are/may be? 

I am used to worst sort of abuses, but I always resist and raise my voice against them. 

I do not have any further interest in this forum as it deals with some issues mainly of husbands and wives. I have bitter feelings against both of them, because both my mother and father had thrown me away at my birth and never looked back. They snatched my childhood from me. 

I will not disturb you guys, excepting when you drag my gender unnecessarily into your in- house fightings ( forum fightings). 

I am proud of what I am, whether you think I am a scar on this forum/society or not. I am what I am--yes, a Hizra.
"

I too agree with above replies/posts.

Every human being has right to lead a dignified life. No on is inferior or superior.

Dargging them and using it as abuse or "Gali" is like defamation.

3 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     01 November 2010

why ppl take keep as gaali? that is also a natural thing.

2 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     01 November 2010

Becoz 'keep" have no social recognition and not everyone take it as "Gaali".  Here it all depends on situation, a "keep" is generally gets exploited due to her unfortunate/unusual condition. No female wholeheartedly wished to be a "keep" in normal condition.

Also it is not a natural thing/phenomenon.

2 Like

neverabuseme ( Activist for Hizra's Human Rights)     01 November 2010

Avnish Madam, what do you want to say? I am not involved in the debates on Keep. That is left to you men and women. So you want to say Hizra can be used as a Gaali. No Madam, I am sorry, your comparing Hizras with Keep does not hold any logic. 

You may not like Hizras, that is your issue, but you are indirectly saying that it is Ok to use Hizras as Gaali. 

I do not allow my gender to be used as Galli and that is why I have entered this forum. 

By and By I will have many legal questions to ask from experts because family does not just mean divorce, maintenance and Keep. It means sustaining a Hizra child's right to be in the family, to be loved, to be cared, to be  educated and to be accepted by the family. 

neverabuseme ( Activist for Hizra's Human Rights)     02 November 2010

Correction for the last sentence: It also means( the family also means....)

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     02 November 2010

"It means sustaining a Hizra child's right to be in the family, to be loved, to be cared, to be  educated and to be accepted by the family. "

Yes it is true, we must accept every human being. We must repect verdict of the nature/god wholeheartedly.

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     02 November 2010

You must be wondering how come I am writing in this forum. - no. i am not wondering. many of us , better to say all of us must wellcome you. YOU ARE A PERSON, - ONE OF US.
1 Like

In my consideration hizras are s*xually handicaped person, like blind or deaf and dumb etc.

Can you chase me, a Hizra,  away from this forum? I throw this  challenge for those who (ab)use me to prove manliness or ridicule another man.

- no question of any type of misbehaviour from us.

what the informations you provide for us - are already known to us. it is already well discussed in some threads.

in old days, hizras were isolated from the main stream of the society. now a days we leave that bad habit. 

I do not have any further interest in this forum as it deals with some issues mainly of husbands and wives.

- in this sec, family matters discussed. there are some other sections like 'others' or  'constitution' . you will get mental pleasure to work there. one human rights section also there.

please do not leave us, remain with us, enrich us by your valuable comments.

2 Like

neverabuseme ( Activist for Hizra's Human Rights)     02 November 2010

Thank You Arup Ji. I am just different and do not look at me suffering from any disabilities. My s*xual is orientation is different, that's all. 

I think I will be very much in the family forum too as "By and By I will have many legal questions to ask from experts because family does not just mean divorce, maintenance and Keep. It means sustaining a Hizra child's right to be in the family, to be loved, to be cared, to be  educated and to be accepted". 

So yours, Kiran Ji's, Ashutosh Ji's welcome gives me a feeling of warmth, though I do not believe attitudes have changed towards us. It will take time as Kiran Ji has said. It will happen due to higher education and  strong lobbying of our rights among us.

I was referring to some unbecoming comments in this forum when I felt that I need to voice my protest against such comments to put down a man( Are you a Hizra? or are we Hizra etc)?  I know some of you had pointed out absurdities of these comments,so  thanks for that as well.   

1 Like

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     02 November 2010

Welcome to the Forum, Neverabuseme. 

Yours is a late entry but much required one, because most do not even know that gender is a three category concept. Most conveniently forget that you exist and that you were/are  as much a child of your parents as men and women were/are. 

Your voice would be listened to by most of us, if not all. 

So keep up bringing up and talking on the issues. I am sure your entry would have some sobering effect on the forum and the abuse of  your gender would stop,  if you are watchful enough to raise objection when you see it being used in an abusive manner. 

Yes, it is imperative that you discuss your family and human rights issues in this forum and cross post them to Constitution and Human rights sections. 

......Are you a Hizra? or are we Hizra etc.........

yes sometimes we used such languages, to hit one or condame ourselves. it is ugly. we should be carefull about it . i am sorry. sometimes i also used such words.

unknowingly and unintentionaly we hit someone - who was not our terget. i am sorry again.

your bold approach and arguement my eyes. thanks for the same.

1 Like