Share on Email

Share More

B Guru Murthy (A M)     03 October 2010

legal notice

Dear Forum members

My FIL is a state govt Teacher, 

admits that he gave me a dowry,

can i send  a legal notice enclosing  of FIR Copy .........as follows 

...........(about dwory giving story )...........

You are  therefore hereby called upon to inform the sources of your income from which you could arrange such sum for the marriage and also you PAN number. If you have got the amount and gold from any of your relatives, friends or any other  sources as loan  or gift. You should inform us the names, addresses, occupation, PAN, monthly income.   Your reply should reach me within 7dyas from the days of receipt of this notice, failing which I would be taking appropriate legal steps against you in a court of law.

If so would there be any defamation suit agasint me,

Is it better to send through lawyer or individually

Your answers would be apprecaited

Learning

7 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     03 October 2010

Are you an advocate? If not, then how can you send a legal notice

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 October 2010

1. I differ to the answer given by lady advocate here.

Reasoning:

Even a private person can arrest another person who in his presence commits a non-bailable, cognizable offence or is a proclaimed offender and then hand him over to the police. (Re.: Sec 43, Cr.P.C.)

2. The author’s que. is quite good but his planned execution is faulty and will not get any result. Your FIL will just keep quite to your so called Notice (though you can very well send a Notice to him but that is besides the point here).

Solution:

1. Your exact solution is in filing a RTI Application that also under life and limb clause i.e. 48 Hrs. reply you will get from all concerned Govt. Departments which si the beauty of being FIRyed remember that !.

1a. Find out which
Govt. School
he works with its full address?
1b. Find out the PIO name by searching the MC Ward of Dte. of Education under which the said school comes.
1c. Shoot under life and limb an RTI Application to PIO of the Dte. of Education to provide you right from FIL’s Application for school teacher post to CV to interview results to who were sitting on the board during interview to name of all principals of school till date to FIL’s education qualification to if he is provided with a Govt. Quarter then relatives list he submitted to seek allotment of a Govt. Quarter to Salary credited to which bank account with bank name to all increments as per various pay commission reviews he received till date to his PAN copy to his Election Card Copy to his caste certificate he gave at the time of seeking Govt. Job to Undertaking of No Dowry given for marriage to everything that you need from this GOVT. SCHOOL TEACHER to nail down his JOB. You will get all his papers that also in 48 HRS. rest assured of that.

2. If your FIL says he gave Dowry to you being a Govt. School Teacher then his Job is gone (PERIOD) he will be suspended pending investigation.

3. Once you have result of RTI life and limb with you then contact me I will tell you free of cost how to get your FIL suspended that also minus his pension and gratuity benefits once for all.

2 Like

Self service (None)     03 October 2010

Such notice will not benefit you. This will act as whistle blower for him and he will "create" sources.

Don't do any such thing nor he will give this to you.

Go for DP3 and leave this thing to prove himself or keep for cross verification in court.

Also do not even give hint about your intention.

Sharad (Proprietor)     03 October 2010

@Suchitra S,

Where it is written you have to be an Advocate for giving Notice? Any indivisual can issue a notice if properly worded.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     04 October 2010

I am not aware of the fact that the notice sent by a private person will be regarded s a "legal notice". It will be a mere notice, as per my knowledge. If I am wrong, I apologize. I did not mean a private person cannot send a notice... 

1 Like

B Guru Murthy (A M)     04 October 2010

Dear All

Thanks For your valuable answers & time

I hope RTI is the best solution from the forum

B Guru Murthy (A M)     02 December 2010

Dear tajobsindia

& all other Forum members

I tried to resolve on mutual consent, but things did not happened,  and later i came to know my FIL retired last month when i got his offce address(Govt School)

Question:

To file RTI in 48 hrs, should i mention any reason(why in 48 hrs) apart from the section,

please enlighten me in this regard asap

thanks  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register