LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VJVJVJVJVJ (Professional)     25 September 2010

Divorce

What is the minimum time that shall elapse after marriage to apply for divorce? Can a husband apply for divorce within 4 months of marriage?

Learning

6 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     25 September 2010

Usually a divorce petition can be filed after one year of marriage. But in cases where ground alleged for divorce needs immediate dissolution of marriage, then sometimes courts accept the petition earlier too.

1 Like

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     25 September 2010

Yes, as said by suchitra madam, divorce petition can be presented only after one year from the date of marriage. But the court in its discretion may grant the leave to file the petition within one year, if the petitioner can show that exceptional hardship shall be caused to him / her if the leave is not granted. 

Rajendra Prasad Tripathi (advocate)     26 September 2010

I agree with all the advocates and I am very happy that advocates have started to respond to the querries of the general public.

Rupinder Singh (advocate)     27 September 2010

i agree with all the advocate and i m vry glad to that advocates have started to respond the querries of the gereral public.

aminur rahaman (lawyer)     29 September 2010

i agree with all the advocate and i m vry glad to that advocates have started to respond the querries of the gereral public.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register