LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Why are Indians like this?

In ancient times we allowed aryans,mughals,britishers to invade,loot & rule our country.now we letting the corrupt politicians rule us...then we blame the british that they dint let us develop...as if the 60 yrs. post independence were not enuf to develop...

When we face cheating/injustice anywhere,or notice anyone facing the same,we ignore it and go away...For example-If a shopkeeper charges anyone more than the MRP,people around us will stand & watch or make fun of our craziness that we are fighting for Rs. 10-15 extra.this despite the fact that  public support can have a v.high impact.

if any foreigner comments on the dirt in our cities, we take it personally and start  talking about our gr8 indian culture, our ancient sages,mahatmas,our b'ful temples,ancient civilizations, etc...but we fail to accept our present reality which is harsh and v.differnt from the past.nor we take any steps to change it

if there is some growth in indian economy & IT sector,we will start jumping joyfully publishing slogans like "india shining" etc.but fail to realise that the common man's life is still pathetic(poor transport,pollution,reservation,crime rate,)etc..

the question is: why do we behave like this and fail to change our country and our attitudes?

wot shud be done?

Learning

10 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     03 September 2010

you may accept citizenship of any country, from my side there is no objection.

(Guest)

1. "why do we behave like this and fail to change our country and our attitudes?"
Because
a. WE are spineless people as far as "apana matlab nikala uske baad agey jane ka kya fayada wala attitude hai" [translate it if you may like for non Hindi readers here]

b.
WE are found of talking too much about every topic and make a joke out of every topic whether we know about it or don't know. Means we are expert in criticising every second thing in day-to-day life without which our daily morsel does not get digested.
Illustration: A person comes daily home late from work due to hapazard traffic on road. Whereas if the same person stops one fine fine day his vehicle on side of the road and call up 100 No. and also stop 4-6 more vehicles and ask them also to call 100 No. the traffic cops sitting at hafta centre would run for action and the person can reach early most of the time home.

wot shud be done?
a. Start from WITHIN first then look to others ! 
b. Or follow 1 b and see a positive change in neighbourhood to begin with then let us talk of Rashtra......

(Guest)

Disclaimer: ooooops....the abv. reply is "contextual" and not for you and before Ashutosh babua starts charging in favour of ladies members and put my hands also in kabar a bit early I am expressing my disclaimer for general consumption........

(Guest)

An addition to my question:

1. wot can each person do on an individual level to

a) develop india

b) become pleasing+helpful towards others,without facing any hardship ourselves

@ ARUP

wot a matured answer....i knew seeing ur name that i will now be reading a cranky reply

dats the whole problem..indians fail to accept their weaknesses...and therefore our country never progresses...and if any1 wants to highlight these problems 4 a solution..he is asked to move to another country....

at the same time these double standard people like arup cry hoarse that "indian" judiciary is v.harsh,men get no justice,blah blah blah......in all forum of LCI they are blaming indian system only.....wot a hypocrisy :D

btw arup jee if i want to take another country's citizenship i can take independently....who are u to create problems?

@ arun ji

Means we are expert in criticising every second thing in day-to-day life without which our daily morsel does not get digested.

I admit fully ur statement.This applies to you too, since u spread so much women hatred here, by continuously criticizing women based laws,and women themselves,including using bad words like beggar,etc 4 them……

Dats y I asked wot we can do,to change our country,becoz(whether u agree or not)people’s mindset is of rigidity in India….its hard to change their old attitudes, indiscipline etc however much u try….. so this question emergedeither u look upto it as criticism or take it positively

i have tried to read(not fully read) ur long long articles that basically criticize women laws….u state many times that I and other female members just talk…don’t do anyth….true!

now compare the no. of threads started by me & by u and then say who’s doing most of the talking?…..

from the way u r speaking,it seems u r making many many causes for public,and esp. men’s interest…can u elaborate with proofs wot changes u have brot in the lives of people 4 whom u worked as a social worker?or wot contributions hv u made in order to change biased laws,help suffering men rehabilitate(in case they were depressed,etc)?

I wud love to know……if u have really changed lives of people,thru any meaningful actions,then u r rite that we shd not just talk..we shd do smth

Hv a gud day!

1 Like

niranjan (civil practice)     03 September 2010

i agree with you Aishwaryaji. I think  every one should think on this line.This is really serious question that you have agitated.I think this should be heart burning for every one that we do not think as Bharatiya. There are so many reasons as to why we are like this,however,I think that if we cultivate human approach to every problem thinking that others problem could also be or is my problem, we can contribute something to society.We have been taught to follow and not carve our own path.

1 Like

(Guest)

Aishwarya ,

India is infamous for its corrupt politicians. Most of the allies in the Government forming political parties have less than 50 seats and among them 90 percent is corrupt. We always wondered why people are voting for the corrupt. I thought the uneducated and illiterate are the majority and they are unaware of these facts and vote the corrupt politicians to the legislation. Moreover the media has grown so fast that everyone is aware of all these dirty corruption.

Gandhiji said during freedom fight, “You should be the change you wish to see in this world”. But we want the change but will not work, current situation is like that. We blame other for voting, forgetting the fact we did not vote, so that the corrupt will not come to power. Not everyone is corrupt, there are a few who still holds some moral and political values. At least one will be there who is better than the corrupt candidate.

Politicians like Lalu Yadav and Mulayam Yadav, who while talking against Women Reservation Bill openly said that the bill would bring unemployment for male politicians, and that it would tend to close their political shops! Freedom from such politicians will automatically provide freedom from many such evils like corruption and crime because present-days’ politicians incorporate in themselves all such evils!

Akshay Kumar takes on the system with Khatta Meetha’s controversial song “Bull Shit” where his character Sachin Tichkule starts coughing during a politician’s speech and when asked says that he’s allergic to bullsh*t.

The song “Bull Shit” that takes off on corrupt politicians was conceptualized by Akshay Kumar himself. He did so after seeing the first rushes of the film. Choreographed by Ganesh Acharya, the controversial song is bound to get some politicians upset. But does that make director Priyadarshan apprehensive?

Answers the director, “Let them get upset. Those politicians who haven’t done any work are the ones who will get upset .If you have done something for your country you won’t be guilty and will not react”

After contemplating over several words that would be apt for the song –Priyadarshan and Akshay Kumar finally singled it down to “Bull Shit”

The only way to change all these things, Vote for a change.Always think, ‘I am the change I wish to see in this world’, rather than to say or think, ‘he should be the change I wish to see in this world’.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     04 September 2010

We are the heirs of the same people, who allowed those invaders to rule us.

The problem with us is that traitors, leg pullers, back stabbers have outnumbered the Nationalist Elements present. All of our Heroes like Prithviraj Chauhan, Maharana Pratap, Shivaji and Maharani Laxmibai have faced this problem.

But we are progressing slowly. It will take some time. According to Sir Vidia Naipaul  It takes 150 years to respect  democracy. Let us hope for the good.

1 Like

(Guest)

@ Aishwarya,

Good open que. you asked me. I would have given a list but then your sister @ RG says that I blow my trumpet so a contextual reply of mine as above will go into contentious path of personal remarks upon remarks which you ladies are good at (meaning you all are here for social bonding and social networking which is good for females as they need bonding more than men and not for pure legal talks is my individual observation and may not be necessary true or false and or binding or absolute truth).

However, there are many messages (threads) that I started here (say on RTI's and replies got from Govt. etc.) and some RTI drafts I suggested / requested also to readers to send and there are no. of  pure legal replies I gave to both genders here which reflects my work and small impact I and my team are able to make in a persons day-to-day life. Read CRISP article posted 2 days back here in LCI forum posts published in OPEN magazine my name is there and readers who read the magazine called me and got helped in child custody / visitation cases like that there are so many proofs.  Okies.... Yes, I have pasted one too many wife exposé here for one single reason i.e. you and your sisters here and your godfather Advocate and god brother here always says that wife are at the receiving end which actually is not true picture, I say both spouse are at receiving end and more is a husband (he has to perform duty to his wife then his old sick parents and simultaneously to his children too in comparison to a errant wife who just leaves matrimonial home and squats / ideates back at her parents home and asks her rights on "opportunity lost compensation" whereas the husband position goes from bad to worst in all these scenarios has anyone questioned that ?), it is other matter that wife's sob sob stories are media news whereas a husband's suicide are just Election Commissions 10 yearly Population statistics literally. 

Circle these long counters and just show me one single section of Family Law (other than S. 24 HMA) which gives rights to a Husband or gives him any worthwhile matrimonial relief and compare the number of Sections that are there for wife's side to use against a husband and his family ! .....Still your god father and god brother here complain saying these Sections of Law are not enough, to me the reason is simple that these people don’t know how to effectively use these Sections and are simply interested at the end of the day in “settlement” that means !

Now for details of poke you gave to me openly, if you in
Delhi or if you plan to come to Delhi just give me 24 hrs. notice & I will come and meet you at any neutral place of choice and show my small work (impact with proof i.e. certified court copies of people helped and relief they got with my so called work and if you want I will bring these people in person too so that you can ask them directly legal que. of your own choice and feel satisfied or dissatisfied). Accept this offer or if you like then keep going round and round on no argument just magazmari (chuskibaazi OR hawabazzi syndrom as I call these philosophical posts) endlessly then question why we Indians like that ? whereas the answer is within oneself.......................... I like to question myself than question other is what makes me ticking........

Anyhow, all the best till my account is not deleted you may hear from me...........

PS.: You here is again contextual.

1 Like

Kiran (Consultant)     04 September 2010

Good reply by Arun Kumar Sir.. Thank you for the detailed explanation..

1 Like

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     04 September 2010

Nobody will allow to invade or loot. It  depend s upon the   balance of power . Might will rule always.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register