LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     20 July 2010

WHAT IS ‘MARRIAGE’ ?

URGUEMENT AND COUNTER URGUEMENT OF THE’FAMILY LAW’ MAKING IT MORE INTERESTING. A QUESTION COMING OUT NOW THAT - WHAT IS ‘MARRIAGE’ ? ACCORDING TO THE LAW OF THE LAND SOLEMNIZATION IS THE MARRIAGE; IF TWO PERSONS SOLEMNIZE THEN IT IS A MARRIAGE. BUT MY OPINION IS – IF TWO PERSONS ACCEPT ONE OTHER - BY HEART, BY BODY & BY MIND - IT IS MARRIAGE. OTHERWISE IT IS NOT A MARRIAGE. MARRIAGE IS NOT A HEAVENLY THINGH; IT IS EARTHEN; BORN IN THE EARTH, CONTINUE IN THE EARTH AND DESTROY IN THE EARTH LIKE ANY OTHER EARTHEN THINGH. ‘THE BIRTH’ IS - 'THE MARRIAGE; 'THE CONTINUATION’ IS - 'THE MATRIMONIAL LIFE' AND ‘THE DESTOY’ IS - 'THE DIVORCE' EVERY MARRIAGE HAS THREE PARTS - AS ABOVE. A MARRIAGE IS AS NATURAL AS THE OTHER NATURAL THINGH. IT HAS BIRTH AND DEATH. IF WE CARRY OUT A DEAD MARRIAGE - IT IS EQUAL TO KEEP A DEAD BODY KEEPING AT HOME. THE SAME THINGH HAPPEN LIKE KEEPING A DEAD BODY AT HOME. IT POLLUTES THE ENVIORNMENTS OF HOME. WE MUST HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT WE CAN KEEP A DEAD BODY BY WAY OF MOMY (OF EGYPT) BUT WE CAN NOT RE-ALIVE OR RE-BIRTH OF IT. IT IS BEYOND OUR CAPACITY. NOW INDIA HAS THE BIGEST MUESEUM OF FOSILS AND MOMY OF DEAD MARRIAGES. WHAT IS THE NEXT?

Learning

21 Replies

URGUEMENT AND COUNTER URGUEMENT OF THE’FAMILY LAW’  MAKING IT MORE INTERESTING. A QUESTION COMING OUT NOW THAT

- WHAT IS ‘MARRIAGE’ ?

ACCORDING TO THE LAW OF THE LAND SOLEMNIZATION IS THE MARRIAGE; IF TWO PERSONS SOLEMNIZE THEN IT IS A MARRIAGE.

BUT MY OPINION IS –

IF TWO PERSONS ACCEPT ONE OTHER - BY HEART, BY BODY & BY MIND - IT IS MARRIAGE. OTHERWISE IT IS NOT A MARRIAGE.

MARRIAGE IS NOT A HEAVENLY THINGH; IT IS EARTHEN; BORN IN THE EARTH, CONTINUE IN THE EARTH AND DESTROY IN THE EARTH LIKE ANY OTHER EARTHEN THINGH.

‘THE BIRTH’ IS - 'THE MARRIAGE;

'THE CONTINUATION’ IS - 'THE MATRIMONIAL LIFE'  AND

‘THE DESTOY’ IS - 'THE DIVORCE'

EVERY MARRIAGE HAS THREE PARTS - AS ABOVE.

A MARRIAGE IS AS NATURAL AS THE OTHER NATURAL THINGH. IT HAS BIRTH AND DEATH. IF WE CARRY OUT A DEAD MARRIAGE - IT IS EQUAL TO KEEP A DEAD BODY KEEPING AT HOME.

THE SAME THINGH HAPPEN LIKE KEEPING A   DEAD BODY AT HOME. IT POLLUTES THE ENVIORNMENTS OF HOME.

WE MUST HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT WE CAN KEEP A DEAD BODY BY WAY OF MOMY (OF EGYPT) BUT WE CAN NOT RE-ALIVE OR RE-BIRTH OF IT. IT IS BEYOND OUR CAPACITY.

NOW INDIA HAS THE BIGEST  MUESEUM OF FOSILS AND MOMY OF DEAD MARRIAGES.

WHAT IS THE NEXT?

THE FIRST AND SECOND POSTINGS ARE SAME. AS THE FIRST POSTING NOT FORMATTED ACCORDING TO MY CHOICEABLE FORMAT IT POSTED SECOND TIME.

(Guest)

Knew it, understood, but what is the point you are making out of this post here, why reinvent a wheel when it was universally known to already exists!

arun ji, please clear

(Guest)

Sir,
I mean to say we as Indians know what marriage is all about, like it takes two hands to clap otherwise it is a dud shot ! So after reading your this post it sums up what I knew it, understood it but the point is what this topic is asking about or questioning about or needing an advise or what is this post topic about or simply what you want to convey to readers by this post which most of us already knew of it ?
Rgds.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     21 July 2010

i see arun ji. you are asking the purpose of this posting.

i want a strong, appropriate and realistic defination of 'divorce'.

for that purpose first we should define ' what is marriage?' if we get an appropriate defination then we can understood what is not a marriage and liable to be divorced.

marriage and divorce again complicated by the provision of maintenance.

purpose of maintenance, it's reasonability, should be discussed to understand the matter.

interlink of marriage, divorce & maintenance must be cleared to us.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     21 July 2010

priviously i tried to raise the same but not successed.

(Guest)

Re. Badri Prasad AIR 1978 SC 1557 The Supreme Court held that a strong presumption arises in the favor of wedlock where the partners have lived together for a long spell as husband and wife.

Re. Sumitra Devi (1985) 1 SCC 637. The Supreme Court held that relevant facts such as how long have the parties been living together, does society recognize them as husband and wife, etc need to be looked into to determine whether the relationship is in the nature of marriage.

1 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     21 July 2010

Q:- What is marriage?

Ans: It is a union of two hearts with one soul. A divine phenomenon, like birth and death.

Actually what type of answer u r looking for Arup Sir? Religious, social, cultural etc.

1 Like

"Divorce" or "Talaq" are alien words. In hindi or in Sanskrit there is no analogus word. We never had a culture of divorce. Status of "Parityakta" is different.

1 Like

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     21 July 2010

Marriage s a play by the Russian writer Nikolai Gogol, which was first published in 1842.

1 Like

There are seven mode of marriages recognised or mentioned in our "Hindu Religious Scriptures/texts"

1 Like

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     22 July 2010

Who cares for scripttures? 498A, DV Act and divorce are diametrically opposed to scripttures.

As far as scripttures go, our Hindu religion and tradition demand that priests are needed for performing the last rites.

First of all, they are not available. Secondly, they have become hi-tech with mobile, laptops, printed lists of items needed, and above all printed list of their fees for each ceremony.

Forget:

ब्राह्मण को दन केवल भिक्षा.

Their children are reading engineering and medicine and in a few years you will find quacks not priests and in further few years people will cremate their dead without a priest without the fear of प्रेतात्मा.

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     24 July 2010

THANKS ANIL SIR.

YOUR IDEAS ARE REVOULATIONARY.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register