Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurang Tripathi   17 May 2023

Consumer complaint

I have ordered and advance paid rs 5300 by google pay to a ayurvedik vaidya . He send me medicine . When I get courier and open the packet I found that one of them medicine is missing out . I called him about it but he is ignore my call and massege . I want to know that can I filed a case against this vaidya in consumer forum .?

Read more at:


 10 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     17 May 2023

Act of Aurvedik Vaidhya anounts deficiency in services as well as unfair trade practice.If you have bill/invoice of medicines  then you can file complaint before District Consumer  Commission  and claim cost of medicine and compensation. 

1 Like

Gaurang Tripathi   18 May 2023

Thank you sir . I want to confirm that there is any bar or not  in consumer protection act to file complaint against individual person .

Niharika Lohan   18 May 2023

Hi Gaurang, I'm Adv. Niharika and here is my take on your query.

These are the steps that you may consider.

STEP 1: Intimation via Notice: 

A notice to be sent by the aggrieved party to the service provider who provided the goods or the services.  The notice is also an attempt to settle the complaint without approaching the Forum i.e. if the service provider is willing to offer compensation or any other remedy. 

STEP 2: Get the Consumer Complaint Drafted: 

If the service provider is not willing to offer compensation or any other remedy, the next step is to file a formal complaint under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986. The filing of the Complaint does not necessarily require a lawyer. The complaint can be filed directly by the aggrieved person. The following details must be specified in the complaint.

STEP 3: Attach Relevant Documents: 

Copies of material evidence that support your case in Consumer Court are important. These documents include:

    • A copy of the bill, receipt of delivery, packaging of a product, a record of online booking of the goods bought
    • Warranty/Guarantee certificates
    • A copy of the written complaint and notice sent to the manufacturer/seller

STEP 4: Appropriate Forum: 

Choose the appropriate forum for filing the complaint in accordance with the pecuniary jurisdiction which is estimated in reference to the total value of goods and services bought or availed and the amount of compensation sought. In your case, you should seek District Consumer Redressal Forum as your amount is Rs.5,300/- and Dist. Consumer Forum has a pecuniary jurisdiction of Rs 20,00,000/-

STEP 5: Pay Requisite Court Fees: 

A prescribed fee is required to be paid along with the complaint filed depending on the forum. The court fee depends upon the value of goods bought and the amount of compensation sought.

STEP 6: Submit an Affidavit:

The person who wants to file a case in the Consumer Court is also required to submit an affidavit in the court. The affidavit must state that the facts presented and statements made by the consumer are true to their knowledge.

Also, the consumer complaint should be filed within two years from the date on which the cause of action or deficiency in service or defect in goods arises.

Hope this information helps. For further query, you can reach me at

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 May 2023

You can drag the company to the consumer forum for the cheating and unfair trade practice activity.

You may file the complaint by yourself as a party in person also

Gaurang Tripathi   18 May 2023

Sir There is no company He is individual person.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 May 2023

File consumer complaint against the Vaid.

1 Like

Gaurang Tripathi   18 May 2023

Thank you all ... But I want to know that complaint against vaidya as a individual person is tenable or not in consumer forum because he is not an company .

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     18 May 2023

Consumer complaints can be filed against any individual person/company/Bank/Insurance company/Society/trust/Hospitals/Doctor/Hotels or any trader/manufacturer or service provider on the ground of their deficiency in services  or act of unfair trade practice.

1 Like

Gaurang Tripathi   18 May 2023

Thank you sir.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 May 2023

You can file.     

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register