Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vadiraj (SE)     11 February 2014

Consumer case against travel service

Hi,

I'm a recently a victim of a bad service from a travel agent. I had booked a ticket from Bangalore to Karwar from a private travel service. The bus did not stop at the destination but drove further till Goa(90KM ahead of Karwar) without waking us or even alerting us.

The driver shows a charge sheet which did not mention passenger with their drop points. Because of this lapse from the office, the driver failed to alert passenger. He claims it was office's responsibility to give a list of passenger and their drop points. Office people failed to put that in the charge sheet and hence the miss. This caused too much mental tension along with effort, time and money incurred to reach back my destination. I was with a 2 year old kid. Instead of supporting us in this situation the travel office person were pushing responsibility on each other offices. I had to  make my own arrangement to reach back.

I want to file a case against the travel  for this miss and need justice for the problem me and my family faced for their mistake. I request this forum's help to guide me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     12 February 2014

File a complaint before District Consumer Redressal Forum having jurisdiction against travel agent and tavel company for their deficit services and claim the expenses incurred to return 90 km back alongwith compensation towards mental and physical agony caused  to you by their act.

Debasish Hota (Lawyer)     13 February 2014

Dist. Consumer Forum is the appropriate forum for redressal of your grievance . You can write to competent authority to cancel the route permit .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register