LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankur Lad   21 December 2017

Confirmation of documents sent by bank

Dear all My father has taken a loan against property in 2007 from a bank, in 2008 that bank was taken over by another bank. according to our sanction letter our repayment duration was 180 months. all things was going smooth until in june 2017 we found out that our interest rate was changed and my tenure was increased from 180 to 223 months. we approached the concerned authorities and found that the rates was revised time by time but without consent of us. They have sent us the communication details of the post, but how to verify if that is correct? Honestly we have not received any of the communications until 2017. Please guide me how to check if the communication was made, as there is no records with the postal departments older than 3 months.

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 December 2017

Write to your Bank(s) under proper acknowledgment that all communications must be sent by Redg/speed post only and affirm to pay for it if Bank asks in writing.

Keep the acknowledgment safe.

Or register the email id and ask to send letter and scanned copy by email.

Anyone can otherwise claim letter was sent by ordinary post.

If it was sent by courier then write to courier and ask to send POD.

If they can retrieve old record they may supply it.

Relate with loan a/c statement, loan agreement signed by you.

Write to bank for anything that you need under proper acknowledgment.

Remain amiable and gentle.

In case of non–redessal of grievances take help of CEPD-RBI.

Or in case Bank is deficient you have the discretion of approaching BO,DCDRF.

Ankur Lad   22 December 2017

thank you kumarji, i will get back to u for more assistance once i get some reply from the bank.

Ankur Lad   22 December 2017

thank you kumarji, i will get back to u for more assistance once i get some reply from the bank.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 December 2017

You are welcome.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register