LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ketan   06 September 2023

confirmation deed

can confirming party to releasedeed be added by making confirmation deed if not mentioned in originaldeed?can spelling and typing mistakes also rectified by same confirmation deed.


 8 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 September 2023

What are the facts? What is the context? 

In the absence of facts as well the context, the posting happens to be a riddle than a query.

1 Like

Ketan   06 September 2023

A joint owner was not included in original release deed and there are some typing mistakes .can confirmatiin deed be made to correct the both the errors .rectification deed allows only typing mistakes to rectify.
1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     07 September 2023

Facts posted are not clear.

Ketan   07 September 2023

A flat was owned by mother son and son's wife.mother dies without will and mothers legal heirs released 1/3 of her sharh ithout contribution in favour of son son's wife 1/3 rd joint owner is not included as confirming party .and dome inadvertent typing errors are there in deed .it is advised to correct mistakes by confirmation deed as rectification deed allows only typing error yo be corrected.whether this advice is correct?,please clarify.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 September 2023

The release deed was executed by one of the joint shareholders relinquishing the rights in the property, for this there is no requirement for a third party to confirm the execution of the release deed.

For errors in the deed, a registered recrtification deed has to be executed. 

Ketan   09 September 2023

Joint owners share is assumed at 1/3.since not mentioned while purchasing flat.that's why confirming party is suggested. please check and confirm.

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 September 2023

Is the posting a query or a riddle? If a query, please post simple facts avoding subjective comments.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 September 2023

If one of the shareholdrers had relinquished  his or her rights in the property by executing a registered release deed, then there is no necessity to add them as confiriming party to the sale ded which is already made.

However if you feel that it would be necessary for doule confirmation,you can get a rectification deed executed to add the sentence that the share of the releaser was acquired by the vendor by so and so release deed. 

This will make the principal sale deed more meangingful and legally valid.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register