LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chinnareddy (gg)     13 August 2012

Complaint against govt pleader

how can i complaint against govt pleader who is doing private case(advocate) in same court ??  


 7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 August 2012

You can give complaint to Bar council of India by mentioning writing evidence and advocate enrolment number. Without evidence shows, you may be in trouble.

subendran.T (advocate)     13 August 2012

There is no bar for a govt pleader to appear in private cases. He/She should not appear as against govt. this is the rule fn Tamil Nadu

surjit singh (Assistant)     13 August 2012

Mr subendran is true but it is applicable all over the country, Govt. counsel cannot appear against the interest of the state. Kindly note that there is difference between government counsel and panel advocate. A panel advocate can do cases against the state in which he has not appeared for state, but a government counsel cannot.

Govt counsel can appear against government in those cases in which he or she was engaged before being appointed Govt. advocate,

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     14 August 2012

The Govt. Counsel can appaer in private cases in which the Govt. is not the party. There is no bar.

surjit singh (Assistant)     14 August 2012

I think we are taking of cases in which governent is a party. Yes in private case where the interest of the state is not involved there is no question of bar.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     14 August 2012

No bar dehors the state interest in the case.

venkatesh Rao (Retired Government Servant)     14 August 2012

A govt pleader is a public servant under section 21 of IPC and not a full time salaried government servant. The government appoints him on contract for a fixed period and remuneration. The Govt is a master and as such, he cannot appear in any case in which the interst of the state is concerned. Ther is no bar for him to accept the brief of private parties in which the government is not a party.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query