IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghavender (Software Consultant)     09 July 2013

Compensation issue under P&MP Act 1962

I have purchased agricultural land from Patta holder on the outskirts of Hyd city in Jan 2004 and registered the sale deed same day. Although I applied for mutation of records at concerned MRO in feb 2004, it was effected in Apr 2006. I do not reside in the village where land exists. Reliance had laid Gas pipeline through my land in my abscence. I was expecting them to pay compensation for affected percentage of my land but lately realized that the previous owner who stays locally colluded with them and took the compensation as my name was not appearing in MRO records. Ever since I am denied the compensation despite my best representation. To the best of my knowlege and with reference to P&MP Act 1962 

  1. I was not duly notified for land acquisition as per Section 3 of the act and no right has been acquired from me for the land use till date.
  2. There is no compensation given to me as on date as per Section 10 of the act, even though my right of enjoyment of land has been affected.
  3. I am entitled for compensation at market value along with 6% per annum interest rate from the date of your acquisition, as per subsection (2) of Section 11 of the act.

Although I wrote couple of letters to Competent Authority, Reliance but to no avail. I am aware that I need to petition District Judge but is this a legal case in my favour at all. Any advice/suggestion is welcome. Thanks in advance.


 4 Replies

Raghavender (Software Consultant)     17 July 2013

Anybody there...please !

prakharved (Medical officer)     17 July 2013



I feel that your question is very detailed and therefore forum members are not able to help you. Have you talked to a good property lawyer regarding this issue?


I could suggest you can visit www.lawkonect.com. Here you can post your query online and you will get a written detailed reply to your question from a practising property lawyer. If you wish, you can even avail telephonic consultations at a tim of your convenience with a practising lawyer. I suggest therfore that you get help from a professional as in legal matters for property, clarity on issues is very important



Raghavender (Software Consultant)     19 July 2013

Hmm... looks like a paid site. Nevertheless, I appreciate your response. Thanks !

prakharved (Medical officer)     20 July 2013



Yes, you would need to pay for the services, but the replies that are got are from experienced property lawyers and it is better to clear all your doubts in simple language once and for all.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query