Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev001 (executive)     22 June 2011

Compensation for not informing about cancellation of selection

Dear Sir,

kindly advice me on the following point:

I was selected in Air india as male cabin crew after all the interviews and medical checkups and put up in the waiting list of selected candidates of SC category, however after repeated followups with air india, they never informed me about the status of the candidature, and always informed me that i was a selected candidate, and would be called when my turn comes up as per the waiting list.

There was a condition laid down, that the applicant has to be unmarried at the time of joining, after selection, i remained unmarried, hoping that a call might come through to join anytime, 4 years passed by, and i was never informed about the scrapping of the waiting list by air india. after filing an RTI appeal, i was informed that the remaining list was scrapped after 1 year of validity.

my query is, if air india had to scrap the list, why did'nt it inform the selected candidates that the list has now  been scrapped, instead of keeping them waiting for 4 years, because of the clause of marriage, i was not able to get married at an early age, can this be a point  to be raised in claiming some kind of compensation

this destroyed my future career, as i kept expecting a call letter from air india,

i went through immense agony both mentally and physically, as non availability of information on the status of the list, was very confusing,

Air india informed me to keep my weight under control until the time of joining, as the rules for cabin crew are very strict with regards to weight check. my body structure is huge, due to which i was not able to sustain my heavily reduced weight, but keeping in mind the appointment expectation, i still maintained an underweight status for  4 years, which took a toll on my health, and after that i constantly faced medical problems.

This incident dates back to the year 2004, hence kindly advice if i seek some kind of compensation from airindia, as i sacrificed my health, career and my personal life for the sake of the job for which i was selected, but never called to join. there were an approximate 100 candidates who faced this situation.

request you to kindly advise on the above matter

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register