LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Celine Suresh   28 November 2022

Common garden rules in a cooperative housing society

Our society has a common garden area running around the entire building area.  I had spent a lot of my personal money, time and physical labour greening up the entire compound.  Our society  does not employ a gardener.  Members do not contribute money nor labour etc towards this cause.  On the other hand one ofManaging committee member’s wife pulls out the plants planted by me for their personal garden at home.  I told her at least she could request me for a similar plants.  MC’ wife turns around and asked me if I was out of my mind, it is the society garden common for all hence she has a right to take plants from the compound home, and if they are my plants then I should make my garden at home, no one asked me to put plants and beautify the compound etc. lastly she said I should not mess around with her.

I want to know :

are there any rules regarding common garden area. Can a resident member just pull out plants without asking for their own personal use.

I have no problem I willingly give away my duplicate plants when people or residents approach me:

Can I take action against her for talking in such a manner to me.   She never requests just takes away plants without asking and has abused me in the past also over other issues regarding throwing of food from their floor:c

Looking forward to your valuable feedback 

Yours sincerely 

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 November 2022

Maintenance of green area in a housing cooperative society is mandatory in every State throughout India.

However, local laws apply to the facts/ query.

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 November 2022

Form a group or association for your community garden and enlist interested members. Draft a set of rules and by-laws for the group. Make it clear at the outset that each member will have to contribute towards the garden in terms of money, work and in other ways if you aim to make it a success.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register