Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chsriman (Other)     16 December 2014

Commercial activity in a residential compound

Dear Esteemed Members,

I live in a residential compound which has 12 units. Each unit is owned by different individuals. We have not formed an association and have not written any bye-law or agreements.

One of the owner is planning to start a private limited company in his unit and plans to install a board displaying the company name outside the compound as well as on his unit. 

The other owners have objection towards this but are unsure of how we can proceed with handling this situation legally. Please advise. 

Learning

2 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     16 December 2014

This depends upon the nature of the activity. Those of consultancy type are generally allowed in self-owned units. But those which may cause public nuisance, noise/air/water pollution etc are not.

Look into the Municipality laws under which your area falls for more details.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the " Thank Contributor " button would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

chsriman (Other)     16 December 2014

They are planning to do Software Development.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register