Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep (qwert)     19 November 2011

Collection of judgement order


This is regarding a divorce case.

What are all the required documents that I need to collect from court once the judgment is over?

Will the court provide a true copy of the judgment orders to both petitioner and respondent? or we have to get a copy of the judgement order? What is the procedure to get the judgment orders?

Whether the orders can be collected by the family members of the petitioner on providing the autorization (vakalatnama) or it should be only through advocate?

Kindly help.




 2 Replies

sanket (Advocate)     19 November 2011

All the parties to the suit can collect the court orders for their personal records. To obtain a certified true copy of the order passed in any court, party or his pleader needs to present an application for certified copy in prescribed format to the registrar of the court. The format for obtaining certified copy is available in court offices and you can obtain the format on payment of necesasry fees. The details such as date of order, suit number, parties name, court number which pased the order has to be mentioned in applicaiton and court fee stamp of Rs. 5 or in case of urgency Rs. 10 is to be affixed on application. The applicaiton shall be duly filled and signed by the party of his pleader and submitted to office on payment of requisite fees.

 Only the parties of suit or their pleader can obtain certified copies and you can mention the name of person in application who is supposed to come for collecting the certified copy and accordingly you can issue authorization letter to the person to collect the certified copy subject to presentation of original receipt of submission of certified copy application.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 November 2011

The court provides Decree only Free of Cost to the Petitioner, respondent has to apply.


Any person can get a certified copy after decision of the case, whereas parties and their advocates can get the same at any stage of the case.





Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register