LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ardent Ace (Nill)     12 June 2012

Cmvr

A motor vehicle was given to one person in good faith. The motor vehicle is not registered in his name.

Later on asking the motor vehicle to be returned that person is asking for a large sum of money that he claims he has spent on maintenance of the vehicle.

Without payment of additional large sum he is not ready to return the vehicle.

All the maintenance done by him is without my verbal or written consent or any understanding between us. 

I complained to police and he has given the same statement to the police in writing.

Can this behaviour of his be covered under the following Motor Vehicles Rules

CMVR Rule No 197 Taking vehicle without authority.
Sub section (2) Whoever, unlawfully by force or threat of force or by any other form of intimidation, seizes or exercises control of a motor vehicle, shall be punishable with imprisonment which may extend to three months, or with fine which may extend to five hundred rupees, or with both.

CMVR Rule No 198
Unauthorised interference with vehicle.

Whoever otherwise than with lawful authority or reasonable excuse enters or moves any stationary motor vehicle or tampers with the brake or any part of the mechanism of a motor vehicle shall be punishable with fine which may extend to one hundred rupees.

If the answer to the above questions is yes, please tell me can it be treated as a criminal offence ? And who should be approached for the remedy.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register