IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M.C.Sharma (Retired-IRS)     02 December 2009

Closure reports by CBI

The CBI after investigating a case filed their closure reports before the Special Judge, Patiala House 4 times, but the judge didi not agree and each time order further investigation. The CBI after  recording statements of 2 new witnesses which are utterly irrelevant filed a charge sheet and the SJ after 3 years framed a charge under PC-IPC Acts. The aforesaid 4 closure reports are not available in the present file. The ciopies are denied on the ground that the CBI is not relying on these documents. Can someone please advise how to get copies of the closure reports and the actual orders of the Special Judge in each case. Thanks


 4 Replies

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     03 December 2009

You file application under right to information act seeking closure reports and the order of judge on the reports. Application has to be filed before district court information officer.

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     03 December 2009

If you are a party to the proceeding, you can file copy application seeking the copy of above mentioned records. If copy application is returned or copies are denied, you can prefer revision before high court.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     03 December 2009

 Mr. Ramesh has hit the nail. No RTI involved. Get copies from the court. How? Find a way. If you are a party no problem. If not, MONEY.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     03 December 2009

 What is written in the complaint and/or rejoinder is almost invariably reproduced in the judgement, may be it is paraphrased. Judgements are available on the website.

I just don't understand why anybody can't get copies of plaint etc. without being a party? How the sanctity of the court is compromised or decision is affected?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads
Follow us Course law

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query