Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Kumar (accounts executive)     05 October 2014

Clinics in residential colony

Dear Members,

I want to know whether doctors can run clinics in residential colony in delhi,

below are few points i would like to mention

1) Doctors in my society are running clinics in flats but they don't reside in these flats , is this legal??

2) Doctors have not taken NOC from RWA, are they required to do so ??

3)  Doctors have formed seperate RWA, can any one form RWA(Resident welfare Association) when they actually dont reside there??

4)I have heard that 25% of floor area can be used for professional activities, how to verify whether professionals are complying to this ???

5) if professional activity is carried on what electricity rate is applicable commercial or normal, how to verify this ???

your help on above points will be much appreciated

Learning

12 Replies

Anirudh (Advocate)     05 October 2014

1) Doctors can run clinics in flats.  This is legal.  They need not reside in these flats.

2) Doctors need not take NOC from RWA.

3) I don't think you are right when you say that  Doctors have formed separate RWA.  What will they do by forming any such RWA?

4) In view of answer to question No.1 above, this question does not arise.

5) It is the job of the electricity department.  How are you concerned?

Thanks for ur reply anirudh,Sir i am concerned because of these professional activities residents are facing problems of trafic jams , parking,etc. I am nt against any profession bt do u think these professional will allow such nusiance in thier own residence place, as far as electricity rates are concerned they should pay as per commercial rates, bt they are paying as per normal rates, is this right? Yes they have formed resident welafare association only for thier own benefit so any decsion society RWA takes they cn challange it Sir residential places are meant for reisidence but they have turned society into market Sir if it is legal to run clinic frm flats than is there any limit on number of professional activity in residential society

Thanks for ur reply anirudh,Sir i am concerned because of these professional activities residents are facing problems of trafic jams , parking,etc. I am nt against any profession bt do u think these professional will allow such nusiance in thier own residence place, as far as electricity rates are concerned they should pay as per commercial rates, bt they are paying as per normal rates, is this right? Yes they have formed resident welafare association only for thier own benefit so any decsion society RWA takes they cn challange it Sir residential places are meant for reisidence but they have turned society into market Sir if it is legal to run clinic frm flats than is there any limit on number of professional activity in residential society

Hardeep (Business)     05 October 2014

See :

https://www.dda.org.in/planning/docs/15_MIX_USE.pdf

which states, amongst other stuff :

Professional activity would include non hazardous and non nuisance kind of activity based on professional skills where the main premises of the concerned professional like a doctor, lawyer, architect etc. would be separate and only out of office hours services could be rendered from the residential premises. In such cases, on part of the premises on any floor subject to a maximum of 25% of the FAR or 100 sq.m, whichever is less for services based on professional activities shall be permissible. 

--------

as to its validity/ present implementation I have no idea. But it may be worthwhile and interesting for sufferers to find out.

other issue for a busy clinic could be medical waste - which has its own regulations.....

Thank u hardeep for ur reply, thing is that our society doesnt fall under mix land usage at all bt ur info that they can operate out of office hours is very useful info thank u so much once again, i will try to figure out what are parameters to that decide professionals are comlying floor area rule.

Deepak Kumar (accounts executive)     07 October 2014

Members thnk u for ur replies, my only query left is can someone who owns a flat ,runs professional activity bt doesnt reside there is eligible to form resident welfare association???

Deepak Kumar (accounts executive)     08 October 2014

Respected members awaiting ur valuable suggestions???

Hardeep (Business)     09 October 2014

Would depend upon the MOA. I see no reason why not, if majority of residents support such Rwa.

Deepak Kumar (accounts executive)     11 October 2014

,sir majority of residents dont support it , getting sign frm majority of residents on pettion is it possible to canceell thier registeration??if yes thn where to complain thn??

,sir majority of residents dont support it , getting sign frm majority of residents on pettion is it possible to canceell thier registeration??if yes thn where to complain thn??

Deepak Kumar (accounts executive)     20 October 2014

awaiting  your valuable advise members??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register