LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun   06 February 2018

Claiming ancestral property

I have an ancestral property for which there was interest  from  the decendent - mainly because no one could not afford  to keep it while paying the share to others. As I had interest in keeping the property I  got the property transferred in my name by paying a decent value to all the family members, but for some of the parts i had not got the khatha paper done ( while for someparts i had the full khatha done). Now when i approach the municiplaity they say all the paper work (fully completed Khatha ) is not valid as I did not do it for  all the parts and i have to get all this redone again getting all the family members to we sworn in front of the court. Many of the people in the family are decesed and few  cannot be tracked where they are living now. This property is located in Karnataka

Is this a valid argument from municipality? I think they are stating these rules to extract money from me. Can i get it done with some sort of affadavit or advertisement and a court order - whatever it is???






 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register