LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mp Krishnaiah   29 February 2020


i sold a Flat to a person for a consideration of rs.16
0000 about in july 2019 as the buyer made a PROMISE to pay the amou
nt with in a few months.
believing his words i said before the registrar i received the amount.
but neither the buyer paying the amount nor executing the relenquish
the sale deed.
how can a recover the amount or to have back the flat.
kindly advice on this issue


 2 Replies

Adv Shrikiran.B (Advocate)     29 February 2020

Send a legal notice to the buyer through a lawyer demanding the amount to be paid by the buyer. if the buyer does not settle, file a suit for recovery before the jurisdictional junior civil judge court and recover the money.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     09 March 2020

Yes I go with Adv Srikaran, first you send a legal notice to the purchaser demanding your consideration money and if he does not pay or say that he alredy has given you at the time of the purchase and in its evidence he quotes your statement in front of the Sub Registrar saying that you already have received the money you can rebute it and say that because believing on the purchaser who promised to pay infuture he agreed for it as thus in future the purchaser of the property did not pay. Then after you lodge a suit of recovery of the same amount from him with interest as on date, pendentelite and future after the Judgment order of the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register