LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gurdit Singh   29 July 2016

Citizenship Act and Advocates Act

Dear Sir, I am an old law graduate who happened to be migrated abroad and acquired Canadian citizenship.I do not practiced the legal profession any where. Now coming to the point, I obtained OCI and planning to come back to India to settle down permanently.I wish to presue the legal profession as it is mentioned in the OCI act that one can practice Law as profession in India. But going through the Advocates act there is no mention in this regard and even from the Internet resources it has been highlighted that OCI is not allowed as the relevent act has no such provision.Can any body could help on this issue.?????

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 July 2016

The query is also posted at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Citizenship-Act-and-Advocates-Act-609811.asp

Kuummaar AS (........................)     31 October 2016

Gurdit Singh,

YOU HAVE SAID,

“ I am an old law graduate who happened to be migrated abroad and acquired Canadian citizenship.I do not practiced the legal profession any where. Now coming to the point, I obtained OCI and planning to come back to India to settle down permanently.I wish to presue the legal profession as it is mentioned in the OCI act that one can practice Law as profession in India. But going through the Advocates act there is no mention in this regard and even from the Internet resources it has been highlighted that OCI is not allowed as the relevent act has no such provision.Can any body could help on this issue.????? “

BASED ON THE FOLLOWING WORDINGS USED BY YOU , IT IS SUGGESTED THAT FIRST YOU IMPROVE ENGLISH  (FOR LEGAL PROFESSION)

“who happened to be migrated abroad”

“I do not practiced the legal profession any where.”

“I wish to presue the legal profession”  

“one can practice Law”

"Can any body could help on this issue.?????" 

“I wont be able to.go”

FURTHER, WHAT IS “OCI” IN THE FOLLOWING?

“I obtained OCI”

“in the OCI act”

“that OCI is not allowed”

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More