LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Children's rights on father's share of inherited ancestral

, I have a question, my father got a share of his grandfathers property in 1950s, at that time he was 8 yr old. Then my fathers family had 4 members. His father,mother,he and his younger sister. Sharing of my fathers grand fathers property was done. What came to my dad was invested in a land by his father and mother in 1951 which at that time was a revenue site. The same was subsequently taken by BDA in 1965-67 and reconvayed back in 1978 during which my father’s father and mother gave a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE to BDA asking them to register the land in my father’s name. In this case does my father become the absolute owner? Can he gift the land to any one child? Do all the children have equal rights? The land was gifted to one of the sons. Can we 3 other children challenge the gift deed and get it cancelled? Our father has expired.. We are 2 daughters and 2 sons. Pls advice. Also pls relate this to any judgements from Supreme Court if there have been any such instances. I am from Bangalore and the property is located in Bangalore. I am a South Indian Hindu. Regards,

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register