Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Cheque letterhead issue

Hi Sir!

One of my Partner got retired from our firm in a Partnership firm a few months back. While Signing his Retirement Deed I gave My Own Two Blank Signed Cheque & Two Blank Signed Promissory Notes as a Surety for his 20 lakhs, which the Firm is because of him after his Retirement. On our firm Letterhead with no Revenue Stamp, He gave me a Signed Acknowledgement stating that he Received My Instruments bearing Cheque No. & Promissory Notes in order to receive his Retirement Amount of 20 Lakhs. After a Month He received his 20 Lakhs from the firm & He gave Amount Received acknowledgement for it on 100rs Stamp Paper also BUT haven't Returned My Cheques & Promissory Notes. I was like No problem as I had his signed Letterhead acknowledgement. Suddenly after 20 days he bounced my cheque by some 3rd Person & filed false NI case against me saying 18 Lakhs Debt on Promissory Note & as a Part-payment, I gave that 3rd person 9 Lakhs Cheque & bounced it. I had proof of letterhead & proof that amount 20 Lakhs received by him after his Retirement. My question is will the Signed Letterhead with no Revenue Stamp acknowledgement he received my instruments stands as a proof to get rid of these false NI cases against me? & how should I Process further?

Please help me. Thank You!

Learning

1 Replies

michaelwhitehead   20 August 2023

Hello,

The validity and admissibility of the signed letterhead acknowledgment without a revenue stamp may depend on the laws and regulations of your jurisdiction. In some cases, a document without a revenue stamp may not be considered legally enforceable. However, this can vary depending on the specific laws of your country or state. pizza tower

To handle the false NI (Negotiable Instruments) case filed against you, it's important to gather and preserve all relevant evidence to support your case. This includes the signed acknowledgment letterhead, proof of the retirement amount being paid to the retired partner, and any other documents or communication that can substantiate your position.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register