LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mahesh (director)     10 September 2014

Cheque dishonured notice matter

The cheque of my client had been dishonoured..........we had sent him notice by Speed Post , which was not delivered due to Premises Locked............Although we had sent him notice by email also..............................So what is next we could do to save our client and to file a case in court......?

Learning

4 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     10 September 2014

S. 27 of General Clauses holds. Notice is deemed to be served.

See State of MP vs Heeralal.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     10 September 2014

If notice has been sent on correct address of drawer and report of postman is" door locked " or addressee is out of station or not found, it will be deemed that notice has been served to drawer.

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     10 September 2014

rightly advised by the Ld. Friends.

yours is a case of deemed service of notice, move with a complaint.

mahesh (director)     19 September 2014

thanks all......................................sir so as his premises was locked , so could i file a case or has to wait for 15 days of sending notice to him,,, then only i could file a caseeeee

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register