LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep (Properiotor)     06 May 2015

Cheque bounce summons returned unaccepted

I have filed a case against a acquaintance for dishonouring of cheque issued.
There are several notices served to him but came back as "incorrect address".
Lastly we served summons to him but his parents denied accepting it saying he has shifted his house.
Now my lawyer asking me to fins out his current address where the summons can be served.
As per my lawyer the parents are not supposed to accept the summons as it is criminal case,the only option remains is to find his current address.
I wonder if he accepts the summons even after that.

Isn't there any provision that this can be done legally,something like search warrant?

Best regards,



 8 Replies

aarjun vhajage (Lawyer)     06 May 2015

Your lawyer is right. You have to find out his address, there is no any other option.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 May 2015

Find his address.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     09 May 2015



Criminal case any adult male member can receive the summons.


Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Adv 


BHRIGU DATTA 9475352677 (PRIVATE PRACTICE)     09 May 2015

you should make submition praying warrent against accussed as parents is blood related with the accused  and this is good service . other wise you can not create pressure upon accused .

Pradeep (Properiotor)     16 May 2015

Even if I find his "new" address,I wonder if he will accept the summons on that address also.

I am damn sure that he is deliberately doing this and know that he is half time living with parents and rest of the time at his in laws house which are just 2-3 km from each other.

And I remember his words to fight the case for 15 years,he was quite correct I guess.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 May 2015

why not to submit both the addresses.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 May 2015


Madhu Mittal (Director)     18 May 2015

Respect Sir,

Firstly, as per law Correct address(last known address) is required to be supplied to the court, and even after correct address, if the drawer of dishonoured cheque shifts his residence, please have a look on this thread, it may be useful:

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register