Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mak (student)     19 March 2015

Cheque bounce due to litigation in property

Hello

We purchased a land from a buyer for Rs. 60 lakhs.On the date of execution of registry (3/8/14) we have given him 18 lakhs cash and 42 lakhs PDC.Soon after 20 days of registry we came to know that actual land was in possession of different person and the concern person is not willing to give us that land,We contacted buyer and told him that the land he has shown was different and actual land was in possession of some other persons But surprisingly he refused to take action on this matter since we are the new buyers.

Because of that we allow to dishounour 42 lakhs cheque which we given him at registry asking him to provide land first.But now he is forcing us to give him reaming payment in addition to this we now received us a court notice in which he is demanding the amount with interest.

We have not given him any notice regarding his land since all communication was going on phone.

My Questions :

1) Registry is on the name of Cooperative Society and since the purchased land is litigated is it compulsory to give him the amount.

2)Current government value and market value of land is more than 2 crore Can we claim on him for same deducting his 42lak or we can only claim for our 20lakh and registry expenses we have done.

3)Can we ask court that we will pay him the amount after he clears the litigation from land.

Regards

Learning

4 Replies

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     19 March 2015

Face the court summons and prove your stand in the court that itself will provide you much relief. Then you can decide or side by side file for specific performance.

But one hurdle in your path would be that you should have checked the papers properly as well as checked the land which you were going to purchase. This would be a major one I suppose.

Best wishes

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     19 March 2015

Sir, You also file the case for cheating against the seller and file a case for specific performance of contract against him as well .... If you had made enquiries before buying the property and checked the papers properly I think this could not have happened ... Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

mak (student)     20 March 2015

Thanks for the reply... Basically I checked the papers also land. But after sale deed I came to know that plot shown to me was not the one,plot next to it was mine. But when I gone to see the plot it was not in possession of seller. After that I realized than it was all planned. Can i file fraud(420) against against him. Kindly tell me my grounds.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 March 2015

This is a clear case of cheating and fraud played upon by the vendor. You should challenge the sam in the court if there is a case and can also inform the court that you are ready to honor the payment provided he registers the property agreed to sell by executing the registered sale deed.  Consult your lawyer for further info.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register