LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashok Kumar Joshi (Manager)     01 April 2012

Cheque bounce case

l  got a cheque from a money exchanger (in noida) of icici bank
and deposit to sbi agaist the doller exchanged .Money was exchanged on 9th feb-2012 and cheque was deposited on 11th march 2012. Bank return that cheque due to insufficent balance, i inform the money exchanger he is ready to give but need more time but i dont have time what should i do can i go consumer court directly or complain in police station.  Now it has been long time..

Pls suggest the way forward for money recovery


prem joshi






prem joshi


 5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     01 April 2012

by following the procedure file case under sec. 138 of NI Act.  Contact advocate.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     01 April 2012

You can file both criminal   {cheque bouncing case} and civil case {for recovery of cheque amount with interwst and expenses}.In criminal case accused will get punishment {imprisonment up to two years and fine up to twice of cheque amount or both}.both the criminal and civil case may file simultaneously.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     02 April 2012

Dear Mr. Joshi I am agree with expaerts, you have right to filed criminal case u/s 138 N.I. Act and filed civil suit for recovery under Order XXXVII of CPC.

icicibankcare (Bank)     04 April 2012



We have made a note of your contact number and we'll get in touch with you at the earliest.



ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register