Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkatesan (others)     01 July 2015

Cheque bounce case

Hi,

Can anyone please advice me on the below:

I'm fighting a cheque bounce case with someone who had given me blank cheques for the loan taken and subsequently bounced. The case is in the final argument stage but there is a loophole in my arguement. that is - I had sent a notice letter on my own to the person giving one week time to pay up thru courier which he had recieved it on 13.08.2013 for which he didnt respond. Second time I send a notice from a lawyer on 14.08.2013 thru speed post which he received it on 17.08.2013 and replied also. Based on his reply i filed a case under NI Act on 30.09.2013. Now, while filing case as per NI Act one should file a case within 45 days so I calculated days from the second notice letter which he got on 17.08.2013. The accused lawyer arguing that the case should have been filed before 27.09.2013 considering the first notice receipt date. and this is filed three days later on 30.09.2013 so not fulfulling 45 days criteria. Please see below and kindly advice is there time limitation point applies.

Cheque bounced on 25.07.2013

First notice sent dt - 08.08.2013 delivered on 13.08.2013 

Second notice sent dt - 14-08-2013 delivered on 17.08.2013

Case filed on 30.09.2013

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     01 July 2015

Hello!

No problem. the court while admitting the case checks also the details. your lawyer notice was duly received by the accused and he replied to it. Therafter, you had filed the complaint and accused had appeared through his advocate. The Accused should have raised this technical objection at that time itself and not while final arguments. The court has discretion to condone the delay in filing the complaint by thecomplainant.

further, the delay in filing the complaint does not mean the Accused has not committed the offence. Your lawyer needs to argue upon it that its a mere technical reason they are raising and does not allow the accused to escape from his liability.

Regards

Adv. Rohit Dalmia

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     02 July 2015

Don't get panicked over the issue,the court will certainly consider UR contention.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register