cheated by timesofmoney


While browsing, Hindustantimes.com a sudden flassh news appeared on my screen stating that I am the 1 Lakh visitor from Kumbakonam Region and offer Rs.10999 iphone to Rs.999 and I started filling up the form.  I have transferred Rs.999 to TimesOf Money on 06.12.12.  Instead of iphone I have received one T-Shir work Rs.125/- What to do?  I have written to Hindustantimes.com also. But to no avail.  Why such a refuted hindustantimes.com play such foly on its readers.  Kindly publish this so that people were aware of such cheats.


A. Sowrirajan

Plot NO.60, Jayasuryapuram,

Vayalur, Ramapuram PO.

Thanjavur - 613001



First of all lodge compliant addressed to MD of the company with a copy to Nodal Officer if any, and demand refund of your money with interest, collection of T shirt from you at its cost, or supply iphone as promised by it….

Have you saved the screenshot of the offer made on your computer screen, on line form submitted by you, payment transferred by you???

Did you put any remarks on run sheet of the courier that instead of iphone cover contained T shirt? Did the packet display any declaration on contents in the packet?? Do you find sticker of the courier on the packet showing AWB bill number???

You may also submit a communication addressed to local BM of the courier that instead of iphone you find T shirt and you have properly agitated to delivery boy, and Courier Company should supply you the declaration which courier demanded and company signed on contents of the packet. Meet the BM and obtain a communication even if by email/letter on plain paper with seal of the courier that it supplied T shirt.

You will have to agitate properly and in writing and thereafter you may lodge a police complaint and complaint with DCDRF.

Avoid on line purchases, on line payments and do not get lured by such unscrupulous and fraud companies. It shall be appropriate to contact a local lawyer for expert opinion, and issuing legal notice.

Why should any company offer iphone for Rs.999/???


you cannot ask hindustan times to refund your money because the offer was not given by them...it was a push ad that made you flattery for iphone...


You can send a legal notice ... and also drive them in to the comsumer court ... if you need any assistance you can write to adv.gokhale@gmail.com




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x