Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dheepak srinivasa (self)     11 June 2022

change of vakalat

I am going to askchange of vakalat from my advocate. what are my options if he does not give it? can I represent myself in the case on the hearing date if he does not give?


 4 Replies

Janak Raj Vatsa (Advocate) (Lawyer consultant)     11 June 2022

advisable to resolve the matter amicably with your advocate. if denied, then take permission of court for personal appearance and plead your case as party in person

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 June 2022

First, have a one-to-one talk and convince your advocate and take a second opinion from another local advocate.   Depending on the important case, it is always proper to engage a professional who studies, understands and provides better guidance and makes the suit move faster through his links.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 June 2022

Yes, you can withdraw the vakalat and proceed as party in-person under information of your lawyer and the court.

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 June 2022

You require NOC from the advocate for change of vakalat, if he/she is  willing, you bring the matter to the notice of the Court. You have option to appear  party in person at your discretion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register