Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajaram (Ex-Bank Manager)     15 March 2011

change of surname and parents name after adoption.

Hello,

I had adopted a son when he was 15 yrs.He is now 18.We are residents of karnataka.He had studied in a C.B.S.E School till 10th standard and his natural parents name has been published in his 10th marks card and even in the 12th marks card as we had to submit the 10th marks card during his admissions to the P.U college.The problem is we want our name to be replaced instead of his natural parents name in the marks card as it is one of the very important proof and document for many other things.Is it allowed by the constitution and please let me know the procedure,if it can be done.. 

Thanking you in anticipation,

Learning

4 Replies

M V Gupta (Advocate)     18 March 2011

You may apply to the CBSE for change in the name of the student by sending the deed of adoption. If the adoption took place after the boy had passed the tenth standard, you can apply for the change only in the HSC certificate. If there is any other procedure they would advise you.

1 Like

Rajaram (Ex-Bank Manager)     26 March 2011

Hello,

We had submitted all the necessary documents to the CBSE Office,Chennai..but they have denied our request and asked for a decree,so we have filed a case against CBSE in the local court..but it has taken a lot of  time now.(around 2 yrs)..

Rajaram (Ex-Bank Manager)     18 August 2011

Hello Sir,

The court hasnt yet given a judgement on the change of surname and parents name and it has been quite a long period(around 3 yrs).So is there any alternative to do the needful-like does a gazette notification work in this case?

M V Gupta (Advocate)     18 August 2011

I do not know why the CBSE is asking u to obtain a decree as a registered deed of adoption is accepted for the purpose. Pl pursue the matter with the CBSE and ask them under what provision of law they are asking for a decree of court, when under law the registered deed of adoption is recognised as proof of adoption. While doing so, u may also request your advocate to move an application for urgent disposal of the suit filed by you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register