LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tusharadvani   01 January 2015

Change of name on sslc and puc marks cards in karnataka

I completed my SSLC (Karnataka) in 1993 and my PUC (Karnataka) in 1997 in India. My name as per my birth certificate is Tushar Kishore Advani. 

The name on all my academic records is Kishore Advani. 

In 2007 I changed my name to Tushar Advani vide affidavit and paper publication (local newspaper). My passport was issued in my new name of Tushar Advani, however, my SSLC, PUC and Bachelors and Masters Degree Certificates are in the name of Kishore Advani. 

This is causing a lot of problems in finding employment overseas (in the Middle East etc.) 

Is there any way to change the name on my SSLC and PUC records from Kishore Advani to Tushar Advani?

I approached the authorities who issued my Bachelors and Masters Certificates, and they said they could do the same only if the name on my SSLC and PUC records was changed. 

What is the procedure to change the name on my SSLC and PUC records?

Is this easily doable. Someone said I need to file a Civil Lawsuit. Is a civil Lawsuit really needed for this? How do I proceed with this? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Learning

1 Replies

naveen arya (member)     01 January 2015

Consult local lawyer for better advice. In my view you need to ask SSLC and PUC, if they accept that newspaper publication and affidavit. If no then only solution is civil suit. Naveen Advocate (karnal) 9034823167

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register