Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajashekar Kudva (NA)     11 June 2015

Change of name in degree certificate post marriage

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would to change my wife's name in her engineering marks sheet to post marital name. When we contacted the university we were asked to produce a decree from court for this purpose. We talked to an advocate nearby and he said that there cannot be any decree issued for name change(in fact he said decree is irrelevant for name change). I browsed over internet and some blogs say there needs to be a decree and now I am confused. Could you please suggest me how can I get the decree? Do I need to get written request from university seeking decree? If so, how can I get this request letter - do I need to draft a request letter from the advocate? Is there a specific format/name for such a advocate request letter?

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 September 2016

A decree in equity is a sentence or order ofthe court, pronounced on hearing and understanding all the points in issue, and determining the right of all the parties to the suit, according to equity and good conscience. File a petition for decree through a lawyer  in city civil courts for name change/correction with all educational qualification copies, aadhar card etc. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register