LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saranya (student)     04 August 2010

Change of name in birth certificate

My name is SARANYA. All my certificates read as SARANYA. But in my BIRTH CERTIFICATE its written as CHARANYA. What is the procedure to change the name in my birth certificate and whom should i approach for that.I am a resident of CHENNAI,TAMILNADU and I was born in CHENNAI.

Learning

15 Replies

S. Bharath (Advocate and Arbitrator Formerly Civil Judge)     04 August 2010

You need to make an application to the Government Press to make a publication of name change. The office of the Press is near Higginbothams, Mount Road, Chennai.

arun (it)     25 January 2012

hi my name in birthcertificate is albert antony arun kumar but all other marksheet,tc,certificates are arun kumar i did nt apply for passport for this issue.can i change name wth legal way my native  is trichy,place of birth =srirangam

Dinesh kumar.R (student)     30 July 2013

my name is Dinesh kumar.R but in birth certificate is registered as name as dhayalan. what is the procedure to change the name in my birth certificate and whom should is approach for that.

Priya Sukumaran (Consultant)     16 September 2013

call me for the name change proceddure

RAMANATHAN (-)     29 March 2014

In Tamilnadu it is possible to change your name in the birth certificate by producing an affidavit in Rs. 20/- stamp paper with  5 ofthe following attested documents:

1.Passport copy.

2. School certificates

3. Marriage invitation

4. Marriage certificate

5. Ration card

6. Bank pass book

7. Voter identity card 

Any other attested document which supports the spelling correction etc.,

Most of the times the error in names occur due to the mispelling of Indian names into English. Clerical errors also cann.ot be ruled out. 

Long winding lengthy procedures are  inevittable.

Saurabhg487 (Manager)     03 July 2014

DOB.: 04/Dec/1987 Birth Place : SAHARANPUR My Name is Saurabh Goel ......But in birth Certificate My Name is written As SAURABH GOYAL And in all my documents written as SAURABH GOEL How can I make changes in Name in Birth Certificate ?? also In My birth Certificate my Birthplace is written as ROORKEE but my actual birthplace is Saharanpur.(UP) I reside in Roorkee (UK) from borntime.... Is any problems take place in applying Passport???

chandru (customer support engineer)     22 November 2014

Hi im chandhrasekar in my birth certificate my mom's name is written as Jayashree and in all her records including our ration card its bhuvaneswari . can u please suggest me for my mom's name change in my birth certificate. 

prathamesh (practice)     25 November 2014

Dear Saranya,

You can make an affidavit yourself in 3 simple steps, for change of name by visiting the website www.legalformat.in.

It can be made at a nominal charge.

After downloading the document visit a local lawyer and get his stamp and notarize it as well.

Rgds,

Ashish (Manager)     25 November 2014

Dear Prathamesh,

Website you suggested is very useful and good collection of documents, and it has also options to prepare documents in HINDI & MARATHI also, i think its unique concept in india........i have not seen any such website in India.

Thank you for sharing such useful information.

Regards,

Ashish

prathamesh (practice)     26 November 2014

You are welcome Ashish

PRITAM   24 August 2015

Hi,My self Pritam Paul currently residing in delhi. I want to correct the mother name in my son's birth certificate. Actually he born in Chandrapur District, Maharashtra at private hospital. so, the details send by hospital to the nagar parisad of chandrapur and they made the Bithcertificate as per the details of hospital card. Now, the problem arises here that the mother's name (means my wife) is same in all the documents where his father name is in the middle name except the son's birth certificate. In birth certificate nagar parisad included my name(husband) in the middle name by excluding his father name by themself without informing me. Today, I went to the nagar parisad of the chandrapur district when I enquired about the change in name of mother name in birth certificate they told me it is not possible to change the name and there is no rules and they replied me that they inclued husband name because it prooves that the child is my son and the mother is my wife. What the f**k concept they are telling me. I finally replied that my marraige certificate and the birth certificate is not enough to satisfy the relationship. So ,Sir please give the proper guidence and tell me the procedure and the rules and regulation of maharashtra especially chandrapur district so that I can change the mother middle name, so that while applying for my sons passport and school admission It will not create any hassle for me.

I will be gratefull to you if you kindly guidence me.

Shanmuga Pandiyan (null)     31 March 2016

Hai,

My Daughter name is PRABHA. She is 10 months old. I want to change her name as 'SARANYA' . She was born at chennai. I have all my personal proof at madurai only. How will i change?.What is the procedure to change the name?

furose khan   02 May 2016

hi my name is FUROSE KHAN.I but my name in Birth certificate is khaja karibun nawaz , so i kindly request someone to say me the procedure for changing the name. thanks and regards

vijey karrun   12 June 2016

Hello my name is VIJEY KARRUN im from TAMIL NADU,CHENNAI

my name in birth certificate is miss-spelled i want to change it

can some one tell me the procedure to change my name in my birth certificate

I'm in an hurry to get my passport......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register