LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandra   18 June 2016

Change of dob on my birth certificate

I have my dob 12/7/1972(corrected/not actual) on my 10th certificate, and on other documents including Aadhar Card, passport, DL. I never got my birth certificate but now for Green Card I need and I applied in home city(Andhra Pradesh) where my birth (hospital) happened. I came to know that my birth was registered on date 12/2/1972(real/actual) and it is available. I asked municipal authority if they can change my DOB or issue NABC and they said birth date is already 12/2/1972 there, and they can't provide even non availabity of birth certificate for the date 12/7/1972. I am currently in USA and I am not understanding how to manage this situation as I need it ASAP. Any help please.

 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 June 2016

Consult a lawyer in India (Andhra or Telangana) Produce both the certificates i.e. hospital & SSC and file a petition for declaration for date of birth in civil courts. The court order is imporant at everywhere.

Amol Kende (No)     18 June 2016

You need to check the hospital records where you born if its possible and you got record send it to municipal office for correction


Rightly advised by Rama ji

Actually you don't need to change your DOB at all. The USCIS doesn't care what your other certificates including SSC, aadhaar or even passport say. They only care for the municipality certificate. So just include the municipality birth certificate and use the same DOB in the GC application. You'll be fine. By the way courts don't change your DOB on record at the municipality simply because you put another date on all the other records. You've been using the wrong DOB all along like many Indians. At least now start using the true one. You'll be just fine. Otherwise it'll be hard for you to get social security benefits when you apply for your citizenship and become a citizen along with other problems.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query