LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V S Ramarao   06 October 2021

Change of date of joining- dopt rules

I was offered appointment to the post of Research Officer on 28.6.2010 and I could receive order only on 2.7.2010. Due to delay in joining by 5 days, I lost one increment. My date of joining can be changed to 28.6.2010, as per the judgement:

1. While judging in the case of Patanjali Sharma vs The Union Of India on 29 May, 2014, it was felt by Central Administrative Tribunal, Delhi that-“Seniority of a direct recruit has to be fixed in accordance with the date of issuance of his offer of appointment”

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 October 2021

The date of joining report is the criterion for giving increments.  The judgment of seniority has nothing to do with the increment date given as per the joining report.

V S Ramarao   08 October 2021

Sir, Thank you so much for your kind reply.

Due to this five days delay in receiving the offer of appointment, I lost one increment from 2010.

Moreover, after 10 years from there I got MACP only on 02.07.2020. It should be on 28.06.2020. Now also increment is lost.

Whethet I can change my date of joining as per the offer of appointment, i.e. 20.06.2010 and thereby get MACP on 28.06.2020. How?

Any DoPT guideline is vaialble in this regard?

Please guide me.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 October 2021

When the employee has reported for duty, submitted a joining report, confirmation was passed on to the appointment authority, it is absolutely impossible to change the date of joining, and it is strange that such a proposal was from the Research officer.  The date may help in the future as your retirement will be longer, and if there is such regulation of revision of salaries in future, you may get a benefit.  Trying to alter public records amounts to falsification and fabrication and a criminal offense.  Most of the employers (who are themselves employees) intentionally send such orders to deny benefits to the new recruits.  They are under the impression that they are saving expenditure to Govt with their sincerity.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register