LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aarthi   08 January 2015

Change of actual dob to other dob for school admission

hi sir/madam,

my  name is Aarthi, and 'm from bangalore my daughter was born in 17/10/2012, by seeing this now she is 2yrs 3months now we are applying for her school admissions for pre nursery where we have a age cut off as 2yrs 10months  in schools, so now my question can we change her date of birth? and what are legal procedure we need under go if we have to change the date of birth. 


 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 January 2015

You or Indian  prime minister also cannot change date of birth. Actual birth details are with the govt. records. Submit actual birth certificate with the school. No problems in future. 

Sandeep Hegde(89 717 84 550) (Advocate)     08 January 2015

Hi Aarthi,


If the date of birth if its wrongly entered in the Birth Certificate or birth was not registered after the birth, then it can be rectified/registered by filing Petition under the provisions of the Registration of Birth and death Act in the Court of Addl. Chief Metropolitan Magistrate at Bangalore.


The reason cited by you is not valid and you cannot change the birth records for the purpose of getting the admission in School.




Sandeep Hegde


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register