Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjeev   24 December 2015

Change mother's name in birth certificate

Hello,

I have a daughter from my first marriage. I want to get mother's name changed in her birth certifcate with my current wife's name. My ex-wife is ready to help legally to get this change done. Can somebody please advice how it can be done and time required?

Thanks.

Learning

7 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     24 December 2015

Well visit UR local Municipal Corporation office submit the required documents regarding her birth and the name entered.U also have to submit a notarised affidavit from her original mother along with UR Divorce copy.

Thanks for your reply. Someone suggested me that I will need to go for adoption deed and then it can be done. Do you think its required?

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     24 December 2015

When U R the biological father,and when the mother who gave birth to the child gives an affidavit,where does adoption come from?

Thanks for your message. They are saying that adoption deed will ensure the rights get tranferred to new mother. Please suggest

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     25 December 2015

Gentleman,

If U want to adopt UR own biological son,U have to undergo paternity test to ensure the authenticity or even DNA.Why do U want to go through all these lehal processes.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     25 December 2015

Adoption deed is necessary.

Sanjeev   28 December 2015

Can you please throw some light as under which act it will be done? HAMA or Ward and Guardian act. As per my study done so far, under HAMA there are few conditions under which married woman can adopt but these conditions are not applicable on us. I am already biological father so is this adoption feasible? New mother needs to adopt from biological mother which is my ex-wife but only a man can adopt not a woman.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register