Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saraswati (fresher)     27 June 2015

Chamber summons in civil suit

Hello,

in short i will say abt my case, plaintiff filed a suit for damages against builder and had made my father as a party as defendant no.2 as we are occupying the flat from last 10 yrs.we are nothing to do with this case nor we are aware abt this even v dont know whos plaintiff. but still he made as a party to his suit.

in 2008 my father expired( defendant) and after that we were not knowing anything abt case,

now after 7 yrs he carried out chamber summons to bring legal heir on record. my mother was served with notice for tis.   on the court date my advocate did not attended the court due to some reason but has filed reply prevous day. but when i checked my status for this chamber summons on internet it was showing

status:  case disposed . Nature of disposal : uncontested - dismissed in default.

i dont understand meaning of this what has happed in this chamber summons.

please explain me and what i ahve to do next.

thanks in advance.

saraswati

Learning

2 Replies

bhavin (ADVOCATE)     29 June 2015

simple meaning is' the case'  is over. Being a defendant not to worry about, but at this point of time it is also very important for you to know that plaintiff can restore the case in stipulated time and in that case court may proceed further.

and if the only chamber summons is dismissed than the oposition can file fresh chamber summons, in that case you will get fresh notice.

saraswati (fresher)     29 June 2015

Thanks Mr,Bhavin for your reply

but I wan to clarify further that now when chamber summons for bringing legal heirs on record are dismissed, what will  be my role in the suit in which he made my father a party (defendant)which he has already filed in 2004.my father was defendant no.2 and had expired 8yrs back.

now after my father , will my mother has to go to court to attend the case now?

saraswati

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register