LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sharad MKrishna   27 February 2023

Caveat at supreme court

I have recently won a matter at NCDRC who has ordered the builder to refund me with interest. The builder hasnt done that. So I suppose I need to file an execution petition at NCDRC itself (since it was an original fresh case at ncdrc itself). I also understand that I need to file a Caveat petition at Supreme Court. Can I file this caveat myself or do I need help of a lawyer? Thanks.


 4 Replies

anubhav Bhatt   28 February 2023

Dear Client, It is better to file CAVEAT before Supreme Court through Council for its initial cost charge, so for more clarification, you may contact us, and then I'll elaborate properly about your case.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt
High Court
Mobile 9198889990.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     28 February 2023

You can file caveat yourself, but better is to file throgh counsel as they reamin present in couirt and they will come to know if any case is filed in that matter

Vinay Sharma   13 March 2023

The purpose of the caveat is to keep the party to the litigation informed of the litigation. This could be better done by the practising lawyer of the Hon'ble Supreme Court. You can seek our firm assistance & further engage us by calling at 9873751988.

Niharika Lohan   31 May 2023

Hi Sharad, I’m Adv. Niharika and here is my take on our query.

Firstly, you are right to file an execution petition. You may also send a Notice to the opposite party to comply with the execution and if they fail then you can file an application for execution under sec. 25 r/w sec.27 of the Consumer Redressal Act.

As far as Caveat is concerned, I see no requirement for you to file a Caveat.

A caveat is filed by a person who is apprehending a complaint against himself. You on the other hand are waiting on the execution proceedings. A caveat will be of no avail to you.

I’m attaching an article on the same for your convenience:

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register