LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramakant kanade (Manager)     13 March 2010

Caveat at Family court?

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to understand whether one can file a Caveat at the Family court? At Bandra Family court to be more precise? Thanks!


 4 Replies

ramakant kanade (Manager)     14 March 2010

yes i am an interested party. But i would like to understand whether the Caveat can be filed in the family court or can it be filed only at high courts?

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     14 March 2010

caveat may be filed at highcourt and supreme court only not the bellow high court. if any order or any petition submitted against your petition at highcourt and hearing / admission going on against your knowledge, then this provission of cpc works.

whenever your opposition file a petition, the highcourt will call / notice you; against your caveat petition. before admission of your oppennant perty's petition, you will get a chance to keep your side. that is the plus point of caveat.

no caveat possible at family court.


Caveat Procedure is laid down in Section 148-A of the Civil Procedure Code.  As per this provision and practice in civil cort, caveat can be filed in civil court presided by civil judge, district judge and High Court and Supreme Court. It can be filed in original suits, appeals, Regular First Appeal, Regular Second Appeal, First Appellate Orders, Second Appellate Orders, Writ petitions, Letters Patent Appeal and Special Leave Petitions and interim applications to set aside ex-parte orders etc.  As the family court is governed by civil procedure code, you are entitled to file caveat petition. 

1 Like

O. Mahalakshmi (Law practiece)     06 April 2010

yes  Mr. Prabhakar is correct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query