LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manish chaturvedi   22 January 2022

CASE UNDER 498A 406

JUDGE SUMMON MYSELF AND MY WIFE TOGETHER. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THE PURPOSE FOR SUMMONING. THIS IS FIRST TIME I AM APPEARING IN COURT.

Learning

2 Replies

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)     22 January 2022

Dear Mr Chaturvedi, 

In a criminal case, when a person is summoned it means that on perusal of the complaint and documents before the court, the court is prima facie satisfied that an offence has been committed. Up till summoning order, the accused has no right to be heard however after summoning accused is heard before framing a charge (in warrant cases) and before notice of accusation (in summons cases). 

I must inform you that the cases under section 498A IPC are non-bailable and warrant cases. Thus, you must take it extremely seriously. immediately hire services of a criminal Trial lawyer and ask for his advise about further course of action. 

Regards

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)

District & Session Court, Chandigarh

Punjab & Haryana High Court, at Chandigarh

Disclaimer:- Opinion is only for guidance. 

anubhav Bhatt   22 January 2022

Dear Client if summons issued against and your wife then you should approach High Court and as per our experience you and your wife must be relative against the Complainant so if need more clarity you may approach us then I'll elaborate properly.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court
Mobile 📱 9198889990

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register