Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naresh Sharma (Head)     17 January 2010


My friend is charged under section 419,420, 468, 471 and 120-B and is in judicial custody. His bail application was rejected by district court and is under review in session court. As a layman, I request to know answers to following queries

  • What are the detainees constitutional rights after filing of the FIR
  • How can I know the progress of the case regarding filing of FIR/s, his confessions under custody, case progress regarding connivance of others
  • Judiciary's comments on different hearings regarding and/or denial of bail
  • How can I know that no other FIR/s has been registered

I am expecting, from fellow Indian citizens to enlighten me on the above queries as their response can facilitate to stay me on the course.

Thanks and regards,


 2 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     17 January 2010

You can get the copy of every document from court, after charge sheet is filed. But it is limited in case of pending investigation. Investigating agency can deny to provide the information., but you can get the copy of these documents from court, which are necessary for investigating agency to report to court during investigation. Generally accused's advocate keep watch on every progress of his client's case.

1 Like

P.K.Kapoora (XYZ)     20 January 2010

Copy can be have from court when challan is filed or if challan is not filed then you can move an application to Illlaqa Magistrate directing SHO for giving progress of case . However police can withheld some documents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register