LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Virendra Wig   31 August 2018

Case pending in HC for last 30 years

There was arbitration with UOI in 1985. The Award was made in our favour in1985 and was made Rule of the Court.
The UOI went for appeal, under section 39 of Arbitration Act 1940, before HC.
The Hon'ble HC ordered payment of Awarded sum to us with proviso that if the appeal is admitted we will have to return the amount received in 1988 with interest.
It has been over 30 years passed eversince the case had come for final disposal only twice but nothing happened.
How long am I responsible for the case as I am now 74 years old and tired. Suppose I pass away will my children be liable for any unforeseen recovery.
How can I expedite and finish the case.
Regards
Virendra Wig

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     31 August 2018

Dear querist,

You may file Special Leave Petition in Supreme Court for early disposal of case, mentioned your medial condition and age factor  as already delay of 30 years.

If is legitimate dues then will be recovered from your legal heir up to limit they receive assets from you after your life.

Anything further can be said after scrutinizing papers of case.

Thanks and Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

1 Like

Virendra Wig   31 August 2018

Thanks, it will be unnecessary expensive. How about if I close the company. The case was in the name of company though I am proprietor I would like to insulate my children and wife. Regards

TGK REDDI   31 August 2018

Closing the Company doesn't close the matter.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 August 2018

You may go thru HC rules and being senior citizen appeal for speedy disposal.

The recovery from estate of deceased/legal heirs might be possible.

Your own counsel can help you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 August 2018

Before attaching any document erase all names, logo, email id, phone number, address etc to maintain confidentiality.

Approach a very able LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law e.g; civil matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules/personal laws, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, and your counsel can advise you after examining all docs, evidences on record ..

There are such very able counsels at each location.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL HC, SC…

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register