LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Jain   24 May 2017

Cancellation of permanent appointment to temporary

I am an employee of a Central University. I have been selected through a General Selection Committee for the post of Assistant Professor on a Plan post, to be placed on probation for a period of one year from the date I join my duty.

I joined my duty as an Assistant Professor on probation 11 months back.  Now, I have recieved a office order which states that my appoinment as Assistant Professor (on probation) stands cancelled with immediate effect, and I am being placed on temporary position (contractual basis) till the current academic session, which is ending in 2 week time. The reason for the same is being communicated as an error in the making of the report by the administration after the selection committee and mis-interpretation of the recommendations of the selection committee.

I have resigned from my previous employer and shifted from my home town to join at this Central University. I will not be able to go back and rejoin. No adverse remark has ever been made by the Head of Dep or Dean against me in this period till date.

Please help me to find the correct way to get a positive solution in this regard and to be reinstated as a permanent employee.

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Rahul Jain
I am an employee of a Central University. I have been selected through a General Selection Committee for the post of Assistant Professor on a Plan post, to be placed on probation for a period of one year from the date I join my duty.

I joined my duty as an Assistant Professor on probation 11 months back.  Now, I have recieved a office order which states that my appoinment as Assistant Professor (on probation) stands cancelled with immediate effect, and I am being placed on temporary position (contractual basis) till the current academic session, which is ending in 2 week time. The reason for the same is being communicated as an error in the making of the report by the administration after the selection committee and mis-interpretation of the recommendations of the selection committee.

I have resigned from my previous employer and shifted from my home town to join at this Central University. I will not be able to go back and rejoin. No adverse remark has ever been made by the Head of Dep or Dean against me in this period till date.

Please help me to find the correct way to get a positive solution in this regard and to be reinstated as a permanent employee.

What is the solution that you want?  that yo uhave not mentioned anwyhere.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 May 2017

given facts indicate that no SCN for issuing this  termination (wrongful seelction).  You are likely to get stay from CAT.  You seem to have already wasted time andshould meet your lawyer today.

Rahul Jain   25 May 2017

I wanted that the present order be reverted or cancelled, and I be considered as a permanent employee (on probation) as i was in the first place

Rahul Jain   25 May 2017

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar
given facts indicate that no SCN for issuing this  termination (wrongful seelction).  You are likely to get stay from CAT.  You seem to have already wasted time andshould meet your lawyer today.

thanks a lot sir. I am going to file a representation to the University administration and hoping to get the matter sorted here only. Otherwise, as you have generously recommended I will meet my lawyer and file a case.

Sir, what do you mean by 'SCN' in your comment?

Rahul Jain   30 May 2017

please help me out?

Rahul Jain   30 May 2017

can plz mr.

Kumar Doab

respond to this

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 May 2017

'SCN' is Show Cause Notice.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 June 2017

You are left with NO option other than to agitate.

Approach a very able  local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in service matters for a considered opinion.

Inquire for local counsels at Educational Tribunal, CAT,HC,Local courts Complex......

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 June 2017

As already suggested and appreciated by you, you may show all docs, agreement signed by you, communications, evidences on record to a very able local senior counsel specializing in labor/service matters for a considered opinion.

Labor/Service matters is altogether different filed of law and at each location there are a few counsels that specialize in it and they are very well known.

Usually such matters are referred to them by any counsel worth his/her salt.

Lawyers handling civil matters usually do not meddle in Labor/Service matters.

Inquire locally for such counsels and you will have a list of all such few counsels at your location.

Chose carefully, a counsel that suits you.

Use the inputs received by you in this thread in your future endeavors.

Online discussions have its own limitations and are not substitute for considered opinion and consultation with due examination of relevant docs and inputs in person with a counsel specializing in respective field of .

There are endless numbers of threads at LCI also by unsuspecting querists that have been fleeced by posers posing as expert lawyers.

The discussions at LCI are FREE and should not be exploited as a medium to allure unsuspecting querists to pay a FEE in the name of so called consultation……………

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register