LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

legal eagle (lawyer)     05 July 2011

Cancellation of gift deed

i want to know if a gift deed that is obtained by fraud and illegal means, be cancelled in a domestic violence case by way of arguments. on promise of paying monthly amount, the sons and daughter have got the property tranferred to themselves, by way of a gift deed from their aged mother. and now they are refusing to maintain her.  

Learning

14 Replies

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     05 July 2011

Mother can challange the Deed and also ask for maintenance, as Old Age Parents have right to get Maintenance from their children.

Regards

1 Like

thanku. if i try to cancel the gift deed through civil court , i will have to pay court fees, which is very expensive. what is the scope of domestic violence act? please help me, if u have a citation as well

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     05 July 2011

Dear Anamika,

Plz confirm abour you.

Are u Mother / Daughter in law.?

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     05 July 2011

The reasons of fruad must be proved.

i am an advocate, and my client is the aged mother.

Then you go ahead and first of all challange the gift deed with the allegation of fraud then also file case of maintenance. Coz domestic violance is something different.

Old Father and Mother have right to maintenance so go ahead.

Good luck.

1 Like

not caring for a aged mother is also included in domestic violence, she is a widow.. is there any citation??

No Dear

but go ahead and may be your case will become a citation for others.

Good luck

1 Like

Ashok Yadav (Lawyer)     05 July 2011

If the condition of maintenance to aged mother was written in the gift deed then it may be cancelled on the ground of voilation of terms of gift deed, then it will amount to conditional gift, and the donee can reveoke the gift if the condition is fulfilled.

You should file a case for claim of maintenance of aged mother, you will succeed surely and the son and daughter will liable to pay maintenance to their mother.

1 Like

legal eagle (lawyer)     06 July 2011

@ ashok yadav yes it was written. according to that they were supposed to make 5,000/- payment monthly

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     07 July 2011

why cont U file 125 Cr.PC?

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     07 July 2011

she can claim maintainance.As for as cancellation of gift deed, the actual reasons of gift to be ascertained. An fraud, to be proved, then she can file for cancellation of deed.

Ashok Yadav (Lawyer)     07 July 2011

If the condition of maintenance was written then you should file a suit for cancellation of gift deed and application for injunction/stay on the property.

Sunny singh (Director)     10 November 2011

Hi can I get few judgements on cancellation of gift deed proved to be executedby fraud from old father by one of his son

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register