LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

smitha (house wife)     15 February 2016

Cancellation of a registration

Hi.. Wanted a clarity regarding the cancellation of documents by the court. In case a court cancels a registration of a property doc due to inappropriate sharing of wealth (among brother n two sisters... The sisters sightly retarded but they are being taken care of this brother only), does the will which was present before the registration of the same property become active Or does both the will and registration be cancelled by the court Will the court take into account that the sisters r being taken care by the same brother Is there any way we can avoid the document being getting squashed by the court.

Learning

2 Replies

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     16 February 2016

Dear sir,

Any family arrangement pursuant to will is illegal, will cannot be cancelled.

Nitish Banka

smitha (house wife)     17 February 2016

Sir I wanted to know whether a will becomes invalid If the same property(mentioned in the will) is registered n given and in case the registration is cancelled can the same will b made active. Is there a general ruling for that or does it depend on each case? Coz different advocates r giving different opinions. Some saying since the property all ready registered in my father's name the will is doesn't play a role. The will also states the property goes to my father and his sisters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register